Ratings for Dr. Sean C. Welling

Misdiagnosed my cancer for a year because he uses a nurse practitioner for all scheduled visits. She thought it was first brochitis and then stress and then a prostrate issue (was actually kidney cancer). Only way to see dr welling is to wait in his walkin clinic on weekends. Do not schedule visits, just use his walkin clinic. He is very bright, but his weekly practice could cost your life as it does otherwise give you access to the doctor.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2018

Friendly service, great manner. Communicates well with adults and young people.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2018

They never answer the phone, apparently due to shortage of staff.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2018

You can never get an appointment. They never answer the phone. They are rude and obnoxious. They will talk about your medication in front of the entire waiting room. You will never see the actual doctor. If you have a simple question regarding your medication it will require an appointment and that will take a month or more. If you have a mental health issue and are on medications for that you are simply screwed. I watched a patient get turned away from seeing the doctor while I was sitting in the waiting room. The patient was on some very serious meds (I know because the receptionist asked him about it within earshot of everyone in the room. While I was sitting there I looked it up and was stunned she would let this person walk out!). This person was on anti-depressants and was clearly very distraught when he was sent away without seeing the doctor. He could have committed suicide! I gave serious thought to reporting this incident to the Ontario Medical Association (I probably should have). This office is nothing more than an OHIP billing machine. Patients are treated with total contempt. The doctor seems like a complete scatterbrain. The front office staff is brutal and ridiculously disorganized. Stay away! Not having a family doctor is significantly better than having this family doctor. I wish I could give zero stars.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2018

Dr. Welling is very professional. Does not push medication, which is a refreshing change. Always goes over all my issues. People need to be more greatful to have a family doctor and free healthcare. It seems people are never happy. Family doctors are in high demand and have to take on huge patient loads it's demanding and hard for the doctor to accomodate so many people in a day but I think he's doing a great job under the circumstances.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2018

I absolutely love Dr Welling. He's changed my husband s health so much. Can't say enough good. Young, fresh, cutting edge.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2017

I tried to make this work but this clinic is a mess. It's all about pushing through as many people as possible in 10 minute increments. Dr. Welling once told me he might look into getting work as a tailor to supplement his income because the province didn't value doctors. Not appropriate communication to a patient. I always had Saturday appointments due to my work schedule. Then I was told they don't take Saturday appointment - but mine always were. Allowing only one concern to be addressed per visit is restrictive. A doctor's duty of care is include his patient's entire health - not just one a visit. Can't do this longer. I quit you. and this is of interest: https://www.therecord.com/news-story/7073482-cambridge-doctor-to-be-cautioned-by-medical-profession-regulator/

flag | Submitted November 11, 2017

Absolutely horrible, stay away from this terrible place. I will be looking for a new doctor as soon as possible. Better off going to a walk in clinic, at least there you will be diagnosed properly. I can not stress enough to avoid this practice at all costs. Should be closed down immediately.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2017

I really do love this Doctor. He is very easy to talk too.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2017

My family and I have been seeing Dr.welling for a while now, he is a great doctor. Him and his staff are very friendly and helpful. They have recently fired the nurse practitioner and replaced her due to her being rude and unhelpful with the patients. They now have a male nurse practitioner that actually listens to any issues and is much more helpful with your concerns. They have always answered the phone when i called and have gotten rid of the online appointment booking. They always tell you before you book the appointment if the doctor is scheduled that day or if you can see his nurse which allows you to pick a different day if you want to see him. On most days he is there anyways, he may not have an available time due to his busy schedule but I have seen him on all of mine and my sons visits except one but i knew that in advance. i switched to this doctor after my old family doctor wasn't listening to my concerns about my sons health and Dr.welling help me fix the problems i was concerned with as well as sending for additional testing to make sure nothing further was an issue.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017