Ratings for Dr. Sean C. Welling

Dr. Welling is very professional. Does not push medication, which is a refreshing change. Always goes over all my issues. People need to be more greatful to have a family doctor and free healthcare. It seems people are never happy. Family doctors are in high demand and have to take on huge patient loads it's demanding and hard for the doctor to accomodate so many people in a day but I think he's doing a great job under the circumstances.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2018

I absolutely love Dr Welling. He's changed my husband s health so much. Can't say enough good. Young, fresh, cutting edge.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2017

I tried to make this work but this clinic is a mess. It's all about pushing through as many people as possible in 10 minute increments. Dr. Welling once told me he might look into getting work as a tailor to supplement his income because the province didn't value doctors. Not appropriate communication to a patient. I always had Saturday appointments due to my work schedule. Then I was told they don't take Saturday appointment - but mine always were. Allowing only one concern to be addressed per visit is restrictive. A doctor's duty of care is include his patient's entire health - not just one a visit. Can't do this longer. I quit you. and this is of interest: https://www.therecord.com/news-story/7073482-cambridge-doctor-to-be-cautioned-by-medical-profession-regulator/

flag | Submitted November 11, 2017

Absolutely horrible, stay away from this terrible place. I will be looking for a new doctor as soon as possible. Better off going to a walk in clinic, at least there you will be diagnosed properly. I can not stress enough to avoid this practice at all costs. Should be closed down immediately.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2017

I really do love this Doctor. He is very easy to talk too.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2017

My family and I have been seeing Dr.welling for a while now, he is a great doctor. Him and his staff are very friendly and helpful. They have recently fired the nurse practitioner and replaced her due to her being rude and unhelpful with the patients. They now have a male nurse practitioner that actually listens to any issues and is much more helpful with your concerns. They have always answered the phone when i called and have gotten rid of the online appointment booking. They always tell you before you book the appointment if the doctor is scheduled that day or if you can see his nurse which allows you to pick a different day if you want to see him. On most days he is there anyways, he may not have an available time due to his busy schedule but I have seen him on all of mine and my sons visits except one but i knew that in advance. i switched to this doctor after my old family doctor wasn't listening to my concerns about my sons health and Dr.welling help me fix the problems i was concerned with as well as sending for additional testing to make sure nothing further was an issue.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

Stay away ! Let me diagnose myself with cancer after handing me my M I R test paper to read after I left the office. Repeatedly went for 4 months complaining of a painful hip and couldn't walk properly anymore. Kept telling me to go to physio therapy . my hip was actually broken . Discovered after me having a melt down after 4 months of him not listening. Had to get referrals for my cancer through hospital because he was too incompetent

flag | Submitted September 20, 2017

I had this dr in cambridge. ..then I believe he was cautioned and moved to kitchener. I had him for several yrs..I saw him once. Only saw the nurse practitioner. Never answered the phone. Appts took 1.5 hr wait past my appt time. Had to go to several times a week as I could only bring up 1 issue. Was misdiagnosed. Bloat...Pain. .rash. Was told they were bug bites. Messed up my prescription and wasn't fixed x 5 days. I left. I now have a new dr. Have been diagnosed with celiac. Meds have been fixed. I urge you to leave and find a new dr.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2017

I have dr welling for awhile I can't stand him I was on pain medication for many years for chronic pain when I started seeing him he refused to give me my medication said there is no way he will ever give me a narcotic so I ended up in hospital with severe withdrawl and almost died and to this day no matter how much pain I am in he will not give me anything for it also I asked to he sent to pain clinic and refused to do referral and also o was told I needed to see hemotology st and he said that he would have to beat his head off a wall to get them to see me and never sent the referral I really don't like him as a doctor but at this point I don't have a choice

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr Welling for awhile now as is my son and boyfriend. We have zero issues getting an appointment. I've even called the same day and was able to make an appointment. I see Dr Welling every single time I visit his office. He listens, I told him I prefer natural methods and he agreed with me especially when it comes to my son. It's unfortunate that others have had issues and I thankful I haven't experienced any of those issue. No complaints here!!!

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017