Ratings for Dr. Sean C. Welling

I had this dr in cambridge. ..then I believe he was cautioned and moved to kitchener. I had him for several yrs..I saw him once. Only saw the nurse practitioner. Never answered the phone. Appts took 1.5 hr wait past my appt time. Had to go to several times a week as I could only bring up 1 issue. Was misdiagnosed. Bloat...Pain. .rash. Was told they were bug bites. Messed up my prescription and wasn't fixed x 5 days. I left. I now have a new dr. Have been diagnosed with celiac. Meds have been fixed. I urge you to leave and find a new dr.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2017

I have dr welling for awhile I can't stand him I was on pain medication for many years for chronic pain when I started seeing him he refused to give me my medication said there is no way he will ever give me a narcotic so I ended up in hospital with severe withdrawl and almost died and to this day no matter how much pain I am in he will not give me anything for it also I asked to he sent to pain clinic and refused to do referral and also o was told I needed to see hemotology st and he said that he would have to beat his head off a wall to get them to see me and never sent the referral I really don't like him as a doctor but at this point I don't have a choice

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr Welling for awhile now as is my son and boyfriend. We have zero issues getting an appointment. I've even called the same day and was able to make an appointment. I see Dr Welling every single time I visit his office. He listens, I told him I prefer natural methods and he agreed with me especially when it comes to my son. It's unfortunate that others have had issues and I thankful I haven't experienced any of those issue. No complaints here!!!

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

He has been my doc for awhile now .and I only seen him once . Everytime I go there I would see jennifer Williams his nurse......she was rude disrespectful and hard to understand. .....I've been frustrated with this place since days one..and now I'm out of my diabetic pills for the last 6 days the pharmacy request a prescription refull6days ago and they haven't heard back from my doc since.so I called the docs office today no answer well what else is new....and the machine don't give you a option to leave a message or even give me thier email or website. This practice is totally useless. .....so unreliable .like I've read before only in it for the money and the poor receptionist are worked to death......

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

I was only with this doctor for a few months and left due to the service. I never saw the doctor, only his nurse practitioner and she is very hard to understand. They are always very behind schedule and rushed me out of my appointment because of their lunch schedule. Worst doctor I have ever been to.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

Seriously poor service. Any walk-in clinic is gold in comparison. Very true, this doc is only in it for the money. The practice is run like a cattle feed lot. Get as many people in a pen, run them all quickly through the chute past the doctor. Stay in line, hurry up. Like many have commented, it is impossible to see the doc same day or anytime soon. They don't answer phones. At best, you can see the nurse. Too bad, I thought I finally had a doctor, but I'm gone.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

This is the most ridiculous way to handle a medical practice I have ever come across! Dr. Welling himself seems to be a nice person however you are certainly rushed and feel that his time is way more important than your health. The phone is never answered and you are expected to book appointments and renew prescriptions online. There is no thought given in this practice for the elderly, people without computers or not computer literate. So given that you must have any contact through a computer and are rushed by the staff including the Dr. how much care or thought is really given to your health concerns. I have sat in this office and hear only complaints by the other patients we all feel that we have no choice and the notice on the wall (one of many) advises that going to a walk in clinic could result in him dropping you as a patient. If this is the new way of medical practice I sure hope that people will not go to facilities as this will only encourage the same respect and attention you get in retail stores and restaurants which is almost non existent these days. If this is the attention we get at this office I find walk in clinics are the best bet...yes you wait and sometimes for hours...but I have known his patients get there for their appointment and they have left or you are told that you don't have an appointment and the walk clinic they have is a joke. If the Dr. feels like coming in that day and you are there by 7 am you may get in. So before you put yourself through all the agro...support your local walk in clinic!!

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

Horrible doctor, only in it for the money. I am switching to a new doctor as soon as I can find one. He runs his practice like it is a walk-in clinic. Absolutely disgraceful!

Submitted March 28, 2017

I like Dr. Welling just fine, but his nurse practitioner is somewhat worrisome. I went in to get my prescription for my anti-anxiety meds fixed, and the first thing she says to me as she walks in the door... Literally the first thing she says to me before we even greet each other... Is that most people commit suicide in January. Seriously? Not even a hello first? Then she argued with me that seasonal affective disorder (SAD) only happens in January, too, because that's when people commit suicide. I let it slide because I just wanted to get my meds fixed as there had been some sort of snafu when I signed up. Also, when I went in on another day for a different reason, the nurse at the desk listened to my symptoms, freaked out, and told me that I have cancer. Again, seriously? I kid you not. I know that is not what is going on, but it's certainly not helping with the anxiety...

flag | Submitted March 7, 2017

"Anyone who says that he is difficult to get ahold of to make an appointment is simply technologically inept" -- actually if you are trying to get ahold of them by phone it's practically impossible. I've been a patient for over a year and finally insisted on an explanation for this from the staff, and the answer is that they are trying to shift to a web-based communication system. Therefore they require (there is a notice at reception stating this) that all patients submit requests for an appointment or any other information through their website. I wouldn't say that makes anyone 'technologically inept' - there are many people not too 'adept' at using computers/the internet, it's not unreasonable to expect your doctor to answer a phone, and sometimes it's more effective to explain something by phone. That said when I do see the doctor or communicate with the staff they are very nice, helpful, and efficient (they are pretty defensive and obtuse when you ask about the phone system - I guess that's a sore point). My health concerns are minimal and straightforward, and while it's true I find Dr. Welling is limited with his time, I always get what I need and he doesn't hesitate to refer me to whatever exam or specialist I think I need, as long as my described symptoms and/or the blood work fit the bill. For example, due to a maternal family history of breast cancer, I have annual mammograms (and ultrasound due to thick breast tissue). And for diabetes, I go in every 3 months to review bloodwork. As for pushing the drugs, I thought it was pretty funny when I said I didn't want to take metformin anymore for diabetes and try to manage it naturally, and he went on the internet and entered my details in some on-line app, and said I could do that if I wanted to, but it will decrease my life expectancy by 4.2 years (?can't remember the exact number) so that's not too bad if I preferred that route. We both know the answer is weight loss through improved diet and exercise, but he doesn't preach it, which I appreciate because I know the spiel. I find that he does practice conventional medicine, and that is bloodwork, other professional procedures, and prescription medication, but that's the state of the practice. I like combining with naturopathy and other alternative therapies (and sometimes sub prescriptions with natural supplements) - but that's a different type of practice. The fact that he has so many patients is a testament to the need for more doctors in the region and being efficient with your time in order to accomodate so many people in need is not a bad thing, as long as patient care is not sacrificed. Many people here seem to have experienced suboptimal care, which is disturbing. For me, that has not been the case.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017