Dr. Alan Garely

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Alan Garely

I thank God Jesus for blessing you with these unique talents to restore women back to their natural state intended by God. God bless and keep you.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2019

Amazing Dr who is caring and did a fabulous job with my surgery. I am back to being myself again. His diagnosis was spot on and fixed it with minimal down time. His staff is also courteous and friendly. I would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone. Best doctor ever!!!!

flag | Submitted October 7, 2019

It can be done No more stress incontinence. —— The procedure takes ten minutes. In sterile conditions You Dre home the same day No discomfort. No scars Love this Dr

flag | Submitted October 5, 2019

Dr. Garely made an otherwise daunting procedure much more tolerable. He is highly knowledgable, very confident, and thorough and he's a nice person. His PA Alexandria Gutman is wonderful, as is his staff. I highly recommend Dr. Garely to any woman needing a urogynocologist.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2019

Dr. Garely chose the most efficient surgical procedure to correct my 89 year old mother’s severe uterine prolapse. She recovered quickly and has a new lease on life. It is well worth the drive into Nassau County to be treated by Dr. Garely and his entire knowledgable and caring staff at South Nassau Community Hospital.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2019

I came to Dr. Garely in search of a doctor that would listen to me and help me with the problems that I was dealing with my prolapse. He was patient and kind and listened to me and reassured me that he will figure it out and help me. Well, I am three weeks post-op and I am so very happy. He and his staff were so professional, extremely knowledgeable and kind. I would highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted May 13, 2019

Dr. Garely and his entire staff are absolutely amazing! I had surgery for my prolapse 2 months ago and was able to go back to work the following week. The staff is so caring and always available to answer any questions before and after the surgery. I had met with three different surgeons over the years and knew that Dr. Garely was the one. This was the best decision I ever made and can’t believe this problem is now behind me.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2019

Ever since I had my 2 kids been experiencing incontinence and had no idea I had a prolapsed uterus until after Dr Garely examined me. I underwent surgery with him and have been soooo very happy and pleased with my results. I work in law enforcement and constantly had to use the bathroom all the time and now I don’t have that issue anymore. Further more my husband is VERY satisfied with the results too. I highly recommend Dr Garely he is the best and I will recommend him to all those I know as well.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2019

Not such a great doctor could do better and listen better to the patients

flag | Submitted March 12, 2019

Dr. Alan Garely

Dr. Alan Garely's response
I am sorry that this patient did not have a good experience in my office. While I try to communicate effectively with my patients, there are times when this falls short. I have two amazing partners. If she would like to see either of them, we would welcome her back. Additionally, we are committed to assuring that all patients get the care they need. If she decides not to stay in our practice, we are happy to recommend other highly skilled physicians.

Submitted March 21, 2019

I can't say enough wonderful things about Dr. Garely. I suffered years in pain due to a prolapse uterus among other issues. I went to several doctors in my area and they were unable to help me. I was finally referred to Dr. Garely. Even though he is located 134 miles from my home, it was the best drive I ever made. He examined me and then sat me and my husband down and took the time to explain my issues/resolutions in detail. Both my husband and I felt completely comfortable with him. A few months later, I underwent surgery with him and now my life has changed for the better. He was, without a doubt, amazing. My life is back to normal and I'm extremely happy.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2019

Dr. Alan Garely's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Alan Garely is the Chair of Obstetrics and Gynecology and the Director of Urogynecology and Pelvic Reconstructive Surgery at South Nassau Communities Hospital. He is also a Clinical Professor of Ob/Gyn at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. Dr. Garely's practice is limited to treating female pelvic floor disorders which includes all types of incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse. Dr. Garely is active in the American Urogynecologic Society and serves on the Gynecology Advisory Board for the American College of Surgeons. He is also an oral board examiner for the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology

• St George'S Univ, Sch Of Med, St George'S, Grenada (Grad. 1989)

• Urinary incontinence
  • Abdominal hysterectomy
  • Vaginal hysterectomy
  • Uterine prolapse
  • Overactive bladder
  • Anterior prolapse (cystocele)
  • Posterior prolapse (rectocele)
  • Small bowel prolapse (enterocele)
  • Rectovaginal fistula