Ratings for Dr. Paul J. Marcotte

Dr. Marcotte performed my surgery 2/3/2000. Did a great job still feeling wonderful.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2017

I was told by 3 Doctors I had problems at levels L3-4 and L4-5. He fuse only L4-5 and my first post-opt visit he said that he would go back in and decompress the nerves on the right side from L3-4 to L5 S-1 and on the left side at L2-3.The day of the surgery he came to talk me and he was in such hurry and told me that he was going De-compress the Nerves at L2-3 on the LEFT and L3-4 & L5-S1 on the RIGHT side and left in a hurry.He operated on L2-3 on the right side instead of left side. The first post-opt visit is where I found he made the mistake he made operating on the wrong side. All he said to me was I am Sorry and after that it seem like he had very little time for me. Be careful with this Dr. because he schedules to many surgeries in one day and he is always rushing and that when mistakes are made. He also spends very little time with you in his office. I since had fusions done with another top surgeon at another hospital and I am recovering fine with less pain. Be careful with this Dr. and look at how many operations he has done on the same patient. That is telling you something. He operating on me three times. WHY???

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

Dr Marcotte has performed the last 2 of my 5 spine surgeries. I will return to him if I need another even though I live in Alabama. He is that good. His office staff are also a pleasure to work with.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2015

I had surgey in 2000 and found Dr. Marcotte to be a brillant honest surgeron. IN 1998 I had a spinal fusion from C-3 to C-7. It failed. Most doctors opined I could not be treated and would be in terrible pain the rest of my life. Dr. Marcotte was the only surgeon out of 10 that diagnosed the failure. I checked references with knowledgable surgeons. He was regarded as the best in Phila.14 years later I remain pain free/drug free.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2014

I went to this surgeon for severe back pain. At the first meeting he said he was going to operate and fuse L/2-L/3. I told him my problem was lower near L/5-S/1. He said no and fused the first two. A year later to the date he said I was right and it was L/5-S/1. He fused it and when rolling me into the OR he said he wanted to look at the first fusion and see how it went. He removed all the hardware and then it let go. Nobody knows why he took out the hardware. Now seven years later the pain is worse and there is nothing they can do for me because the bone grew around the spinal cord. I saw another doctor with the Rothman Institute and they said if they went back in I would end up 70% worse or paralyzed. Needless to say the doctors are trying to ease the pain with meds. Whatever you do run from this doctor and head to someone else. Look him up in Philadelpia Courts and see how many times he has been suied. Good Luck and be forwarned....

flag | Submitted December 5, 2011

I would stay away from this doctor. I know of a few people he has done more damage to than helped. He operated on the wrong level on me than he operated again and thats when the pain got so bad. If you need a doctor for back issues go to the Rothman Institute, they know what they are doing. I will never be the same and always have to weat the back brace. Dont just see one doctor, get 2 or 3 opinions, but I would stay away from this doctor. Good luck to you all. God Bless

flag | Submitted June 16, 2010

Dr. Paul J. Marcotte's Credentials

• Univ Of Ottawa, Fac Of Med, Ottawa, Ont, Canada (Grad. 1984)