Ratings for Dr. Clifford W. Fetters

I thought the staff was very nice and did their work well. I had to wait for Dr. Fetters for quite awhile. He can't focus and for that reason I ended up being more confused than when I started. He just throws supplements at you and there is no way there can be a plan. It's like just seeing how much money you want to spend and then go from there. Not real treatment.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

After years of worsening symptoms and seeing several doctors and getting no real answers other then guessing I have this or that My family doctor recommended I see Dr Fetters, said he can run more in depth diagnostic tests along with muscle testing to get to the root of my health issues. I am greatful to that doctor for recommending him as I was to the point that I could hardly walk, having reactions to everything I ate, fatigue and my vision was getting worse along with so many other things. He ran many tests that a regular physician don't run and started to get to the root cause of things. I have learned so many things I never knew about how my body works. Yes depending on your health issues, treatment can get costly and take a long time to get under control but for me the end result was so well worth it. 3 years ago I felt like I was at deaths door but today my health has improved greatly and I have Dr Fetters to thank for that. He is a very caring and compassionate doctor who goes that extra mile to get you back to good health.

Submitted May 31, 2017

I caution people who are treated at or thinking of being treated at health and wellness of carmel. I had a rule that I would never see a physician who treated his patients with supplements made by themselves. Just doesn't seem eithical to diagnose a patient and then tell them you need their supplement to cure it. However I made an exception for dr fetters because he also offers multiple other brand options other than his own supplements so you can purchase the other brand if you want. After seeing him a few times, each time I was told I needed 12-16 different supplements each day. Costing $500-$1000 each time I purchased them. Ok, I tell myself, because he seems passionate and genuinely concerned for my well being, I'll try this. I faithfully took things as prescribed but to no avail. Still wanted to go back but decided to see if I could get the supplements he was prescribing at a cheaper rate. After researching for a bit, I was horrified to know that dr fetters is offering multiple other supplement brands but he is marking them up significantly. Some of them are more than twice the Companies suggested sales price. He charges your insurance for your visit and charges you a functional medicine fee on top of that and makes a significant profit off of the supplements. He will also push an intravenous treatment on every person he sees. My whole family has been seeing him and spending tons of money there. But we are all leaving now. We compared notes and noticed a trend. Logically, if a doctor runs a blood test for 30-40 things, there's going to be variations that are not significant and don't need to be treated especially since some are variant by nature. But dr Fetters will pull out every single out of range item and tell you that you need supplements for each which are conveniently located right there (oh and significantly marked up too, but they don't tell you that). That's an unethical way of treating patients. There's a reason that physicians attempt to determine the underlying cause of your issues. So they can treat those issues first. That will take care of most other issues but if it doesn't then you treat those individually. If you throw millions of supplements at a patient and they aren't improving, then how will the doctor be able to determine what is working and what isn't? A good physician will prescribe a few supplements and may have them located at their office, but it's strictly for convenience but they don't make a profit from the supplements. Why try to make a profit off of the supplements on top of the extreme amounts he makes during your office visits?

flag | Submitted May 26, 2017

Dr. Fetters is a Quack that relies on junk science. I wasted upwards of 30k trying to get better to no avail. Go somewhere else.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2017

I had been a patient of Health and Wellness of Carmel for several years. I also purchase vitamins and supplements through their pharmacy and would normally buy two months at a time since I had a 45 mile trip one way to their office. They would ship them for $10 but you'd be lucky to get them the same week even if you ordered Monday. Upon opening my second bottle of pro-biotic, I noticed the fresh seal under the cap had been punctured. As anyone would do, I call to ask if I can exchange it and was placed on hold for 20 minutes. I had explained that all I was asking for was an exchange. After asking to speak with one of the doctors or someone in charge, Patty the assistant manager finally told me that they have no record of me taking this supplement and without record of it there was nothing they could do. I found that odd since I had been purchasing the exact same pro-biotic from H&W for well over a year. Not only is their customer service very poor, apparently they do not have good record keeping. Instead of a simple " I apologize for the inconvenience, please bring those back and we'll replace them", Health & Wellness lost a patient for a simple $30 bottle of supplements that probably has a 300% mark-up.

Submitted January 6, 2016

I really believe in the idea of holistic medicine. Dr. Fetters uses his MD license as a guise to practice what he claims is "holistic" medicine. Nothing he claims is based on actual evidence, which is a slap in the face to all legitimate physicians out there who are practicing REAL and scientifically based medicine. He seriously needs to be investigated because I get the sense that a lot of what goes on at Health and Wellness of Carmel is illegal. I have had several friends who have seen him, all presenting with completely different symptoms. He has told every one of us that we have "MSIDS" or something he coins "Multiple Systemic Infectious Disease Syndrome" and claims that the only treatment is with some sort of herbal concoction only he sells at his pharmacy. After months of doing this herbal treatment, and me feeling NO better, he then tells me I can only get better if a complete a package of 12 IV treatments with ozone therapy, at the mere cost of $6000 (!!). Again, when I asked for more information on the treatments (to see if they are scientifically proven), he brushed me off and had nothing to give me. In the months I did see him, he "prescribed" me tons of supplements, all of which can *conveniently* be purchased at his very own pharmacy. When I asked if I could buy them elsewhere to save on price, he told me they could only be bought at his store. After the appointment, I looked a few things up (same brand and everything) and found that most of what is sold at Health and Wellness of Carmel is marked up at least 50%. After my second appointment, he had prescribed a total of 18 different supplements. Being the believer that I was, I purchased all of them, spending over $1,200. Needless to say, the only change I felt was a constant feeling of fullness and indigestion from trying to down at least 15 supplements 3 times a day. While he does do blood testing, Dr. Fetters practices something called muscle testing to diagnose virtually everything. He basically has you put your arm strait up in the air and will ask various questions, pushing down on your arm with each one. If your arm stays up strong, then what he said is supposedly true. If your arm wavers or pushes down, then, what he said is false. He literally pushes harder when HE wants something to be true or false. When deciding to put me on a more expensive supplement vs. a cheaper supplement (he said this as he was muscle testing me), of course he pushes harder, telling me I can ONLY take the expensive supplement, which, of course, is only sold at his pharmacy. This leads to more money going into the practice and ultimately more money going into his pocket. One of my friends who saw him said that he did this to her in deciding what cholesterol med she should be on. Shouldn't he be looking at blood tests, weighing pros and cons of different medications to make sure she’s on the safest one, rather than pushing down on her arm to make decisions? During the course of my “treatment” he has also made some pretty bold claims that have absolutely no merit. He told me to stop taking my calcium (I have osteopenia) because there are “hundreds of studies out there” claiming it causes heart disease. He told me to stop taking my birth control because it causes infertility. He told me to avoid tap water because fluoride is bad for you. He told me that gluten and dairy are “poisonous” to me. Worse, he supports NOT vaccinating children, claiming they are more harmful with toxins and metals. This is just scary and incredibly dangerous. One of my friends told me she had spoken with Dr. Fetters about the new cancer treatments they are now doing at this clinic. Talk about scam. He told her they use something called SPDT and the “cure” rate is 90% for almost ANY cancer. How can telling people with possible terminal cancer that some unproven treatment can cure their cancer be legal? It just seems to mess with people's emotions, giving them false hope. The biggest kicker is that the cost of 3 weeks of treatment is a measly $40,000. Please, please, please save your money (seriously, it will cost you thousands) and save your time (he tells you that you will only get better if you come in at least once a month. Each appointment costs $200). DON'T go here. In practicing something he calls “medicine,” Dr. Fetters is completely disrespecting the field of medicine. What he is practicing is DANGEROUS. This place needs to be investigated.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2015

This doctor only wants to serve the rich!!!! He doesn't want to help people that are actually sick, because he says they cost him to much of his time!!! He will shove every supplement that stocks in his office, because the profit is so great. He hires very young nurses that don't know what they are doing, because he wants pretty girls to work for him, for his own ego. He tells everyone they have Lyme disease.. because of the profit, and everyone has to have an IV again for the profit. Stay clear, unless you want to be sick forever, and lose all of your money for this guy who only cares about a profit!!!

flag | Submitted October 11, 2014

Having read some of the other comments, I wanted to add our experience. I had been sick for years, and after seeing a family doctor, internist, multiple allergists,and gastro doctor, I was told I was fine (clearly not fine when I was losing everything I ate after every meal). I was referred by a friend to Dr. Fetters and saw Dr. Fetters as well as Swathi Rao and Karin Henderson. We did have some expensive tests and took his supplements, and it was very worth it. I will always be grateful to Dr. Fetters and staff for helping me get my health and life back. My kids were also seen there and their health is much improved as well. I have 3 with ADD and with the diet and supplements recommended by Health and Wellness, all are drug free, feeling well and doing well in school. The front office did seem to have some organizational issues, but we always had very professional, knowledgeable, and loving care from this office. I trust and highly recommend Dr. Fetters.

Submitted March 10, 2014

This practice, though likely founded with good ideals, has become a supplement selling scheme with a 2000 dollar surcharge to see the physician. Be prepared to be told to take 8-16 supplements a day, which of course, you must buy from him. If you have heavy metals, (a $700 test, he will tell you that you need to spend $4500 with him in chelation treatments). Nice guy, but I think his intentions have become clouded.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2013

I started with Dr. Fetters about 5 years ago, before he moved to his current facility. From the first visit I found the front office staff to be very poor and that trend has continued. While Dr. Fetters was a good physician, he changed to a concierge practice about 3 years ago that required an additional fee of almost $2,000 to have the opportunity to continue to work with Fetters. I tried 1 year and found that it wasn't worth the extra cash. His practice business philosophy relies heavily on the sale of supplements and he drifted into using his supplements instead of proscribing regulated, insurance reimbursed drugs. None of his supplements ever did me any good. I switched to Doug Ladika, PA in his office and was very happy with Doug. I have only recently found out that Fetters has "released" all of his PAs and is now an entirely holistic practice which leaves me without a primary care physician and oh, by the way, the practice never did inform me of the change.Don't go there.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2012

Dr. Clifford W. Fetters's Credentials

• Indiana University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)

Pacificare