Ratings for Dr. Brian McCardel

There is no doubt that Dr. McCardel is knowledgeable. He had replaced both my hips in the past and I had excellent results. However, his attitude has changed over the years. He replaced my knee 5/15 . Due to inadequate pain relief I developed scar tissue, decreased mobility and chronic pain. For a full year of f/u visits he assured me that the pain would be resolved. His final suggestion was for me to see a pain psychologist rather than actually do anything medical/surgical. The psychologist's diagnosis was that I had been dismissed by Dr . McCardel and there was no reason to be seen by a psych practice. At 2 years out I still have pain and loss of mobility. Think long and hard before using him with his new attitude.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2017

The doctor is, above all, an excellent surgeon and he put my broken arm back where it was before being broken several times with spiral fractures. I needed a very long plate to put it back together again, but now all is well. Dr. McCardel also has a warm, friendly and very approachable bedside manner.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2014

Dr McCardel is knowledgable, kind and patient. His nurse Teesha though is a tyrant and blames others for her mistakes. I don't understand how someone so nice could keep somelike her around.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2012

After two surgerys on my left knee,And suffering with pain for two years under his care,And not getting better,After suggesting a total knee replacement, I got a second opinion. The other surgen repaired 2 major issue ( ACL & Pattela). I am now compfortable.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2010

Dr. McCardel is very intelligent, professional, thorough, down to earth, and easy to talk to. I could not have been more pleased with his treatment of a knee problem. He treated me with respect and took time to listen to my problem and answer all my questions.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2006

Dr. Brian McCardel's Credentials

• University Of Michigan Medical School (Grad. 1985)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal