Ratings for Dr. Sunita Venkateswaran

Dr. Venkateswaran is kind, helpful and a compassionate Doctor.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2018

Dr Sunita Venkateswaran is an amazing Dr. The best there is in the field to deal with my 3 boys condition. She is knowledgeable. My boys have been diagnosed with NBIA-BPAN a rare disease. They have seizures and are on meds. Her referrals and knowledge and kindness and bedside manners are amazing. Her team is great. We could not have asked for a better Dr to watch over our children and their condition. If anyone ever needs a great Dr she is one of the best. Any time we call she gets back to us. Any time we have an appointment we see her right away. Don't judge Drs when you have only seen them one time. They need to ask personal questions to give you and your family the best support that they can give. They need to ask "stupid" questions to determine if the medications they are giving is the right ones. The meds my boys are getting for seizures they all started out at a low dosage because any seizure medication affects your liver and blood and it is very dangerous to start with a high dose. So think about what your child needs and what you want for your child. Just because you did not get what you wanted from the first visit doesn't mean that your child is not getting the best help. If you are so worried why not ask questions instead of putting Drs down. Think before you speak. Ask questions before you jump to conclusions. You might have made the wrong choice on behalf of your child and if something major happens who you gonna blame? The Dr. Right? In your eyes the Dr will be in the wrong and not you. The Drs at CHEO are the best there is to help your children when it counts the most. Dr V is the best in her field. We have an amazing team of Drs at CHEO for our boys that we could have ever asked for.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2018

Awful doctor, terrible bedside manner!!!! Let our child sit around waiting, asked us if we thought he was having seizures, then indicated they weren’t seizures, then they were seizures. Flip flopped all over the place! She attempted to place our child on medication before she even had a diagnosis. If we would have done this it would have prevented them from seeing slowing on an EEG and would have prevented a proper diagnosis. We had to push and push to get an MRI and when we finally got one we were told our child had a brain tumour! At this point she again tried to say it was nothing to worry about! We had to push and push and finally get a referral to a fantastic neurosurgeon in Toronto where our child after over a year of terrible care at CHEO finally got the care deserved!

flag | Submitted November 3, 2017

My son was diagnosed with absence seizures , she told us twice that this is a lifetime condition, she put him on medication , the episodes did not stop. Decided to switch doctor , the new Dr. said that he is going to outgrow it , and the dose he is taking is very very low... She is the worst doctor ever, i am unable to understand how could she still be allowed to work as a doctor? This is human life , no doctor could afford to make mistakes !! If she is your child`s doctor , simply request to with to another Dr..

flag | Submitted July 1, 2017

The worst doctor in CHEO. Terrible experience. I agree with previous review. If I can give 0 stars I would. She has no bad side manners and that is a must when you work with kids.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017

Terrible doctor. Knowledge is poor. Wants to make a mark on her specialization while using her patients as guinea pigs.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2016

Dr Venkateswaran, is my daughter's doctor.. the fist time she saw her, Dr.V was very kind..very professional and she listen to every thing we have to say.. and she also speek french.. wich is very good..nothing bad to say about her..

flag | Submitted August 15, 2013

I had one of the worst experiences at CHEO when this doctor was reading the results from my neurological assessments. Dr. Venkateswaran was educated and knowledgeable from her years at university and from reading her textbooks, but for someone who has 3-4 years of experience, she should show a little bit more openness, compassion, positivity, cheerfulness, and knowledge from experience. Instead of calming me down, seeing as though my results were entirely normal (from a few different tests), she was dramatic and serious, acting as if it was the end of the world for me. She definitely has an ego; if you try to show that you have some medical knowledge, it is as if she takes that as a personal insult and acts accordingly. It simply was not an enjoyable and easy experience for me. Coming into the appointment, I was content and at-ease, but leaving the appointment, I felt like I had a serious condition when I really did not. I plan on switching neurologists. Don't bring your child to her.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2013