Ratings for Dr. Sunita Venkateswaran

My son was diagnosed with absence seizures , she told us twice that this is a lifetime condition, she put him on medication , the episodes did not stop. Decided to switch doctor , the new Dr. said that he is going to outgrow it , and the dose he is taking is very very low... She is the worst doctor ever, i am unable to understand how could she still be allowed to work as a doctor? This is human life , no doctor could afford to make mistakes !! If she is your child`s doctor , simply request to with to another Dr..

flag | Submitted July 1, 2017

The worst doctor in CHEO. Terrible experience. I agree with previous review. If I can give 0 stars I would. She has no bad side manners and that is a must when you work with kids.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017

Terrible doctor. Knowledge is poor. Wants to make a mark on her specialization while using her patients as guinea pigs.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2016

Dr Venkateswaran, is my daughter's doctor.. the fist time she saw her, Dr.V was very kind..very professional and she listen to every thing we have to say.. and she also speek french.. wich is very good..nothing bad to say about her..

flag | Submitted August 15, 2013

I had one of the worst experiences at CHEO when this doctor was reading the results from my neurological assessments. Dr. Venkateswaran was educated and knowledgeable from her years at university and from reading her textbooks, but for someone who has 3-4 years of experience, she should show a little bit more openness, compassion, positivity, cheerfulness, and knowledge from experience. Instead of calming me down, seeing as though my results were entirely normal (from a few different tests), she was dramatic and serious, acting as if it was the end of the world for me. She definitely has an ego; if you try to show that you have some medical knowledge, it is as if she takes that as a personal insult and acts accordingly. It simply was not an enjoyable and easy experience for me. Coming into the appointment, I was content and at-ease, but leaving the appointment, I felt like I had a serious condition when I really did not. I plan on switching neurologists. Don't bring your child to her.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2013