Ratings for Dr. Julie Whitehead

I went in to see Julie for a colposcopy and fsh test. She has been very unhelpful in that my results have been sitting with her for days and she is unavailable to make a simple phone call to inform me of them. Waiting to start IVF, and as you know every moment within a cycle is crucial and must be treated in a timely manner. She suggested my going on clomid to stimulate ovulation.... hence the fsh test which is done on day 2 of your cycle, so that clomid can be started asap. It is day 7 of my cycle and I have not heard from her. When I call at reception, I'm told that she will call me the next day, which never happens. I've had all my results sent across to another specialist. Will never deal with her again, and don't recommend her. She's cold and lacks empathy & compassion. Not what you want out of a gyno/obstetrics specialist.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2018

Julie helped me and my husband have a beautiful daughter. She was straight to the point and didn't sugar coat things. We fell pregnant with both attempts but unfortunately had a miscarriage with our first pregnancy. I called Julie very late that night with my concerns and she Organised for me to come in first thing that morning. She showed compassion when things got tough. We are very grateful that we have the opportunity to be parents and we can't thank her enough for her expertise.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2018

Dr Julie Whitehead is a wonderful doctor and I highly recommend her - she's super professional, very pleasant demeanor, caring and is super accommodating.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2018

I have PCOS and she helped me fall pregnant with both of my girls. I sometimes felt a bit surprised and unprepared for steps along the way but she got the job done. First child took a year and the second about 4 months.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2017

I saw Julie after suffering my third miscarriage (the last being a missed miscarriage). Julie performed a d&c on me without offering any other options apart from waiting it out to see if it would pass naturally. After the d&c my HCG levels did not decline to zero. An ultra sound showed quite a large piece of retained product. The ultra sound Doctor was pretty shocked that it could have been missed. So three months after the first surgery, back I went into surgery with Julie again. After this second d&c, my periods were super light and I became infertile for 6 months (we had fell pregnant naturally and quickly each time, despite the miscarriages). So back I went to Julie armed with research and concerned I had Asherman's (scarring of the uterus due to D&C). She proceeded to tell me that Ashermans is extremely rare (it's not!!) but I had to insist she give me a referral to the only A list surgeon for Asherman's in Australia (she offered to 'clean it up' herself...um, no thanks). During my Asherman's surgery not only did they find a large area of scarring in my cervix, but also retained product from my miscarriage more than 9 months and 2 surgeries prior!!!). All in all, Julie set us back almost 12 months in our ttc journey. I would never recommend her.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2016

She was very unhelpful. I researched who I wished to be referred to and I chose Dr Whitehead. I have pcos and had been trying to conceive for 3 years. I was excited to finally get some help and answers. I am overweight, but managed to lose 10 kgs before the appointment. She told me to come back when I had lost 15 more kilos. I was in there for 5 minutes and then had to pay $120 for the "consultation." I don't know if being overweight is causing my infertility, or if I have any other underlying issues other than the pcos. I was hoping to have some answers, or discussion on what specifically was malfunctioning. This was very disheartening and a massive set back mentally and emotionally. I would not recommend her. For someone that "specialises" in pcos, she isn't very understanding or helpful. A horrible experience in all.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2016