Ratings for Dr. Julie Whitehead

I have PCOS and she helped me fall pregnant with both of my girls. I sometimes felt a bit surprised and unprepared for steps along the way but she got the job done. First child took a year and the second about 4 months.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2017

I saw Julie after suffering my third miscarriage (the last being a missed miscarriage). Julie performed a d&c on me without offering any other options apart from waiting it out to see if it would pass naturally. After the d&c my HCG levels did not decline to zero. An ultra sound showed quite a large piece of retained product. The ultra sound Doctor was pretty shocked that it could have been missed. So three months after the first surgery, back I went into surgery with Julie again. After this second d&c, my periods were super light and I became infertile for 6 months (we had fell pregnant naturally and quickly each time, despite the miscarriages). So back I went to Julie armed with research and concerned I had Asherman's (scarring of the uterus due to D&C). She proceeded to tell me that Ashermans is extremely rare (it's not!!) but I had to insist she give me a referral to the only A list surgeon for Asherman's in Australia (she offered to 'clean it up' herself...um, no thanks). During my Asherman's surgery not only did they find a large area of scarring in my cervix, but also retained product from my miscarriage more than 9 months and 2 surgeries prior!!!). All in all, Julie set us back almost 12 months in our ttc journey. I would never recommend her.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2016

She was very unhelpful. I researched who I wished to be referred to and I chose Dr Whitehead. I have pcos and had been trying to conceive for 3 years. I was excited to finally get some help and answers. I am overweight, but managed to lose 10 kgs before the appointment. She told me to come back when I had lost 15 more kilos. I was in there for 5 minutes and then had to pay $120 for the "consultation." I don't know if being overweight is causing my infertility, or if I have any other underlying issues other than the pcos. I was hoping to have some answers, or discussion on what specifically was malfunctioning. This was very disheartening and a massive set back mentally and emotionally. I would not recommend her. For someone that "specialises" in pcos, she isn't very understanding or helpful. A horrible experience in all.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2016