Ratings for Dr. Arthur Vasilaras

My partner was diagnosed with a Gleason 7 ...Dr Vasilaras wanted to do active surveillance for 18 months ~ we disagreed ...& did research , Dr Vasilaras almost laughed @ us when we told him that we had a second opinion ( from Professor Declan Murphy @ the Peter Mac hospital Melbourne) that Pete should have a radical prostatectomy.....thank god we listened as Pete has had the operation ( very few side effects 🙏🏼) but sadly the Professor was unable to get a clear margin ...so Pete now facing radiation treatment ...but if we had listened to Dr Vasilaras it could have been so much worse .........

flag | Submitted June 1, 2018

We cannot speak highly enough of Dr Vasilaras. His expertise is unquestionable. He operated on my husband very late at night and was then called at 4am about him and is so gracious when we thank him. He visited my husband on a Sunday in hospital. He is so hard working. He is honest in his discussions with you. A smile is always on his face. His secretaries also are so helpful and pleasant to deal with.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2018

Just the best explains every thing as required Makes feel satisfied that all will be OK after the op

flag | Submitted March 21, 2018

Dr. Vasilaras listens to your concerns and takes the time to explain in detail the progress of your treatment, I am extremely happy with the results of treatment I have received over the last four years. Your appointments with him ate not rushed.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2017

Extremely dedicated and passionate. When my husband was in hospital he dropped in whilst out with the family. Very informative and always available to talk

flag | Submitted June 25, 2017

While his bedside manner can be dismissive I like that he doesn't coddle. He can wave off a comment you think is important but then you may mention something flippantly and he will say thats important so its best to just spill everything stated as facts and not be too dramatic and he will know what is important and what is irrelevant, try not to be offended by it. His secretary is very helpful and as they are very busy she can seem a bit flustered but she is great. As with all specialists they are running late, I find this means they take extra care when required and you never expect to go in to any appointment with any doctor on time.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2016

Doctor lacked empathy and did not listen to patients concerns

Submitted June 24, 2015