Dr. Priscilla Walsh

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Priscilla Walsh

Dr. Walsh comes well recommended as a surgeon but does not follow up with after care. When my dentist took pictures of my face after gum surgery to the clinic and was so concerned she wrote a prescription for antibiotics, the receptionist promised a call or email back from Dr. Walsh to deal with my dentist's concerns that day. She didn't call back for four days and acted shocked that I followed the advice of my dentist started antibiotics. I would think that a surgeon should promptly respond to patient issues after surgery especially if presented by another dentist. Quite disappointed with her.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

Dr Priscilla is wonderful and amazing person, easy to get along and takes the time to make you understand what procedures you are going to go through and what will be the results. The front desk staff of Wendy, Denise and Valerie ( hope i got the name right) are super helpful, flexible ( especially for me who travels from Squamish) friendly and most of all very supportive. Their office is also very inviting and comfortable.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2017

I recently had 2 implants done with Priscilla and would recommend her to anyone looking for the same. I visited several places to get quotes for the work and walked away feeling most comfortable with the Imperio team. Priscilla explained exactly how she would be performing the implants and was very open to any questions I had leading up to the procedure itself. She also went out of her way to explain how her work was going to complement work being done by my orthodontist and dentist which until that time had been lacking.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2017

Dr. Walsh, her assistant and the front office staff at this practice are helpful, courteous and very professional. I required an implant in 2009 after my molar had to be extracted. I was a little nervous and they were very patient and helpful putting my concerns and anxiety at ease. I would highly recommend this office and Dr. Walsh!

flag | Submitted August 6, 2014

i have been visiting dr walsh for several years-- the staff and hygienists at the office are nothing short of outstanding---they are all professional and polite and most importantly they actually care about the patients---i would recommend dr.walsh and her staff without hesitation and it finally feels good to go to a place where you can trust your health practioner---fantastic

flag | Submitted July 29, 2014

After a thorough search for periodontists, I decided on Dr. Walsh because of her high credentials (one of the best gum surgeons in Canada apparently). I had gum grafting done by her on 4 upper and lower front teeth and 2 molars, and couldn't have had a better experience. I was a bit scared at first by the whole idea of getting gum surgery (which explains why I did such a thorough search in the first place) however Dr. Walsh was super nice and did an excellent job of explaining the procedure, pre and post op care. She was very gentle and I didn't feel a thing. After the surgery I received a call back from her to see how everything was going. I followed all of her instructions for post op care so I'm guessing that is part of the reason why I healed so nicely with no complications. The results were fantastic and I would highly recommend her - I have already done so with a co-worker and a family member!

flag | Submitted July 24, 2014

I think Dr Walsh is a knowledgable periodontist who works efficiently and has a gentle hand. However, I did not receive any pre or post antibiotics until my gum graft became very infected, nor other pre/post meds that would have aided healing. Their pain relief protocol was inadequate. They were not very empathetic nor helpful in post procedure appointments; in fact tended to be rather grouchy. Must say though that the women at reception were terrific and professional. Would never return to this dentist nor recommend her. Have since had the same procedure at another periodontist who ensured that all details to make healing quick and pain free were taken care of. A remarkable difference!

flag | Submitted April 5, 2014

Dr. Priscilla Walsh's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Priscilla Walsh received her dental degree from the University of Alberta in 1996 and practiced as a general dentist in Alberta before starting post graduate studies at the University of British Columbia. In the year 2000 she received her post-graduate diploma in periodontics in addition to a Master of Science degree from the University of British Columbia. She has received numerous awards in the field of dentistry as well as the Kathleen McAnulty scholarship which recognizes excellence in periodontics. Dr. Walsh is a Fellow and examiner in periodontics for the Royal College of Dentists of Canada, a fellow of the College of Dental Surgeons of British Columbia, a member of the Canadian Dental Association and the American Academy of Periodontology. She is past-president of the British Columbia Society of Periodontists and is currently an active member. Dr. Walsh was a clinical instructor in the division of Periodontics at the University of British Columbia from 1997-2005. Dr. Walsh is well-published in the field of gingival disorders as well as systemic diseases associated with periodontal disease. She is a mentor for the VIP Vancouver Seattle Study Club which focuses on implant and esthetic dentistry. Dr Walsh has worked as a periodontist with Imperio Group Dental Health Specialists since 2001.