Dr. Haya Maal-Bared

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Haya Maal-Bared

I know Dra. Haya from her work with several charity organizations in Syria. She is most generous with time, energy and effort and is very humble. She payed herself to send supplies and books that we need. She is always available when there is a need and very kind. She never complain. No time is bad. She is a wonderful example of Syrian people. May Allah give her health and strength to do such great work for many years. بارك الله فيك و وفقك يا دكتورة

flag | Submitted June 3, 2018

Although I am a professional writer with some 40 years experience, words fail me in describing how helpful, insightful and caring Dr. Maal-Bared actually is. All the time. Without fail. Dr. Mahal-Bared is simply one of the best human beings it has been my privilege to know in my lifetime.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2018

The woman has the patience of Job. No matter when I see her, whether it is in the beginning or the end of the day, she is always with it and on the ball and somehow never seems tired. She is always listening intently and I have never experienced her on an off-day. I wish she were less punctual because I love sitting in her waiting area with all the carefully-selected books and plants. I do my meditation there and it's so much easier to get into in that setting. Icall her office the Garden of Eden. I feel like I'm on vacation whenever I am there.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2018

Excellent psychiatrist and doctor. Incredible person. Always makes time to see me if I need her. Great input. Really caring and collaborative. I have nothing but good things to say about her.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2018

I wish she was taking new patients. I was skeptical but called her based on some of the feedback on here to see if she would actually call me back. SHE DID! Same day, within a few hours. She spent 41 minutes on the phone with me to hear me out and guide me in the right direction to get some help. I asked her if she needed my info to bill for the call. She laughed, said that she cannot bill for phone calls but that "it doesn't matter" 😮. This woman is a saint! Or maybe her phone number gives you access to a parallel universe where doctors have a conscience and are doing their job for the right reasons. She was helpful, patient, warm, friendly, super knowledgeable and compassionate. Based on my experience, she is an incredible human being.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2018

Although she does not accept new patients because of new legislations, she put 30 mins on the phone to help me and she didn’t even know me. She gave me the contact of her co-worker who is also a super nice doctor. In addition, she did answer the phone herself meaning that she cares for humans even thors she does not know. She returned my call the same day. I am thanking her a lot.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2018

I am Masoud, I had been extremely disappointed by the doctors for their ineffective consultation. One days I searched online for the psychiatrist in GTA I came across with her name and details. I called her but her I phone was on a voice mail so I left her a voice message. After few minutes She called me back and I am truly impressed by her kind heart and best advices however She was no longer accepting new patient but She gave me name of few doctors and spent almost 15 mins of her precious time over the phone. She is unique, She is seamless, She is the most kind, She is a true face of a doctor. I highly recommand her I wish I could be her patient in the future.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2018

I have been seeing Dr. Maal since 2009. I was on disability leave and have since returned to work. She was supporting me every step of the way and I seriously doubt I would have been able to return to work had she not been there to help me. Life seems manageable and I have rediscovered the little joys in life. Thank you Dr. Maal. I wouldn't be here without your expertise, faith and encouragement.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2017

This doctor is competent, efficient, patient, empathetic and really helpful. Way better than any of the other "mental health professionals" I have seen thus far. Her support has been such a Godsend.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2017

I feel like Dr. Haya relates to me as a human being. That sets her apart from other therapists, I think. I really appreciate that she never completely closes files. I have come back to her over the years and she seems to remember everything I ever told her no matter how long it's been.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

Dr. Haya Maal-Bared's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients

Providing patient-centered long-term integrative psychotherapy and/or pharmacotherapy.

• Arabic
  • German
  • French
  • English

• Université d'Ottawa University of Ottawa (Grad. 2003)
  • University of Toronto (Grad. 2008)