Dr. Haya Maal-Bared

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Haya Maal-Bared

I wish she was taking new patients. I was skeptical but called her based on some of the feedback on here to see if she would actually call me back. SHE DID! Same day, within a few hours. She spent 41 minutes on the phone with me to hear me out and guide me in the right direction to get some help. I asked her if she needed my info to bill for the call. She laughed, said that she cannot bill for phone calls but that "it doesn't matter" 😮. This woman is a saint! Or maybe her phone number gives you access to a parallel universe where doctors have a conscience and are doing their job for the right reasons. She was helpful, patient, warm, friendly, super knowledgeable and compassionate. Based on my experience, she is an incredible human being.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2018

Although she does not accept new patients because of new legislations, she put 30 mins on the phone to help me and she didn’t even know me. She gave me the contact of her co-worker who is also a super nice doctor. In addition, she did answer the phone herself meaning that she cares for humans even thors she does not know. She returned my call the same day. I am thanking her a lot.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2018

I am Masoud, I had been extremely disappointed by the doctors for their ineffective consultation. One days I searched online for the psychiatrist in GTA I came across with her name and details. I called her but her I phone was on a voice mail so I left her a voice message. After few minutes She called me back and I am truly impressed by her kind heart and best advices however She was no longer accepting new patient but She gave me name of few doctors and spent almost 15 mins of her precious time over the phone. She is unique, She is seamless, She is the most kind, She is a true face of a doctor. I highly recommand her I wish I could be her patient in the future.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2018

I have been seeing Dr. Maal since 2009. I was on disability leave and have since returned to work. She was supporting me every step of the way and I seriously doubt I would have been able to return to work had she not been there to help me. Life seems manageable and I have rediscovered the little joys in life. Thank you Dr. Maal. I wouldn't be here without your expertise, faith and encouragement.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2017

This doctor is competent, efficient, patient, empathetic and really helpful. Way better than any of the other "mental health professionals" I have seen thus far. Her support has been such a Godsend.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2017

I feel like Dr. Haya relates to me as a human being. That sets her apart from other therapists, I think. I really appreciate that she never completely closes files. I have come back to her over the years and she seems to remember everything I ever told her no matter how long it's been.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

This doctor is not associated with any hospital. That has its pros and cons. She was fairly clear about that from the get-go. I have yet to experience any of the cons: You get personalized care. No secretaries, no obstacles, a much lower likelihood of human error. She was also clear from the beginning that she is only a clinician. She is not an academic and seems to have no ulterior motives prescribing one thing over another as she runs no studies. Call me crazy, but I like that! I don't want to be a guinea pig. I like going with tried, tested and true. I don't need a psychiatrist who is part of the academic machine, published thousands of papers and won awards. I need someone who is competent, efficient and genuinely wants to help and I found it in Dr. Bared.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2017

I confess I only spoke with her on the phone once. I had called 14 or 15 psychiatrists to try to set up an appointment and she was the only one who bothered to call me back the same day. She apologized saying she wasn't taking new patients but spent like over half an hour listening to me and trying to help me find help elsewhere. It was really eye opening. There were a lot of things I didn't know about accessing support in the city that I learned from that chat. She sounded really warm and sincere. I wish other doctors would bother and just call back. Is that really so hard?

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

Love her!!! The best!!! I never have to wonder about whether she is on my side. Stunning office, too. So much character!

flag | Submitted August 4, 2017

She is such a nice lady. Like an angel. I think the world is a better place with her in it.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

Dr. Haya Maal-Bared's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients

Providing patient-centered long-term integrative psychotherapy and/or pharmacotherapy.

• Arabic
  • German
  • French
  • English

• Université d'Ottawa University of Ottawa (Grad. 2003)
  • University of Toronto (Grad. 2008)