Ratings for Dr. Rhonda Vanderfluit

I have been seeing Rhonda for the past several years and find her to be a really wonderful GP. She does seem interested and never rushed. I have definitely been able to bring up more than one issue per appointment. She sees myself and my two children and I have referred friends to her who have also been happy with her care. I am surprised to read the negative comments below scratching my head and wondering how we can be talking about the same person!

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017

I am not surprised to see the posts below. I had to move on from this Dr. I wouldn't be surprised if she gives up practicing. She doesn't seem to be into it.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2017

If you are looking for a relationship this isn't your doctor. She does what she has to do but does not really appear interested or compassionate. Go to a walk in clinic where you expect to just be in and out and not look for someone who is interested in your care. There is no follow up with tests. I am not sure if she is a cold person or she thinks this is how doctors are supposed to act. Very distressing experience overall.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2016

strange experience. She doesn't connect on a personal level at all. Not poor bedside manner but just no one home. Not mean but just not there.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2016

Cold, remote, sticks to text book. Not interested. Wonder why she is there.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2016

Not interested in preventive medicine. Or she gets that across well. Not allowed to bring up more than one issue per office visit. Never looks up at patient, ie never takes her eyes off her computer. Not personable whatsoever. Feel very unsupported, uncared for. Just a number to get in and out quickly. She'll refer to specialist.. Test results are a mystery. I just assume they are all normal. Appears very uninterested in BEING a family doctor. Comes in two days a week as is, may as well stay home period. Patients usually have to see someone else in practice, because she's not in that day.

Submitted December 29, 2015

She puts in the bare minimum effort, and doesn't seem to be into prevention or detection. She sure loves her laptop and informatics. She's nice and knowledgeable but doesn't seem care about being thorough: is superficial and quick with check ups. She's great if you go in armed with information and questions, but does not engage in her patients' holistic wellness or provide preventative information. There is a gravity to health and wellness that she lacks. There are worse GPs out there.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2015

She doesn't look at you but looks at her laptop while talking and is always rushed. In and out. It feels like she is checking me off her list...quickly.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2014

I absolutely love Dr. Vanderfluit. After my family doctor sold her practice, I had a doctor in which I felt dismissed by. I am so grateful to having found Dr. Vanderfluit - she is patient, kind, empathetic, and funny. She's taken the time to get to know me, ask me relevant questions, and has even taught me how to do my own great exams! I feel supported having her as my doctor as I know she has my best health at heart.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2014

Dr. Rhonda is a great MD. She is very knowledgable and thorough. She is kind and compassionate and listens well. I felt very comfortable with her immediately. Grateful to have found her. Receptionist can be a bit tense.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2014