Ratings for Dr. Melanie D. Ramachandran

Blew off obvious UTI symptoms and office took forever to get me antibiotics. Blew off my latex allergy and told me to take Benadryl until hives subsided. Tried to push birth control but woouldnt test hormones or discuss fertility or perimenopause. Didn't notice rectocele and cystocele despite latex-wrapped trans-vaginal ultrasound and physical exam yet it was immediately apparent when my primary care dr examed me.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2017

Best doctor in her field [central New York area] ... I would travel over an hour, and have, just to get her opinion on my issues.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014

She was recommended by another patient who described her as thorough and "no-nonsense." I agree with that assessment. PRO: She struck me as a clinician who keeps up with recent medical literature. She has a respectful manner. CON: I found her controlling, not collaborative, in her approach to patient care. She likes ordering test and procedures. I disagreed that one of the tests she ordered for me was warranted. Her response was to dismiss me as a patient. I like doctors who view their role as supporting me in making informed decisions. In my case Dr. Ramachandran expected compliance and booted me out the door when I made a decision that was different than the one she would have made.

Submitted January 29, 2014

Dr Ramachandran is a skilled and knowledgeable physician who treats the whole person. I always feel well taken care of and as though she would give you as much time as you need. She is a lovely human being as well and makes me feel comfortable talking about things I am not comfortable talking about! I think I have met all of her staff and found thm to be professional, polite and efficient. I highly recommend Dr. Melanie Ramachandran.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2012

A patient for 14 years this Dr.is the reason I have a beautiful son. I have never had a problem with staff. There have been times I have had to wait, but well worth it as she spends as much time with each patient as they need & not just rushing to get to the next patient and spends as much time with me as I need each time.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2011

Submitted January 10, 2011

Dr. Melanie D. Ramachandran's Credentials

• Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Syracuse, Coll Of Med, Syracuse Ny 13210 (Grad. 1980)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Syracuse, NY