Ratings for Dr. Kay Laverty

She is friendly, and helpful when she can. But punctuality is terrible! there is no single time that I went and waited for less than half an hour later than my original appointment date. Imagine that with a baby with me...

flag | Submitted November 25, 2014

She is wonderful. I have found her to be very warm, knowledgeable, hard working, family minded, caring, and community oriented. She has looked out for my elderly parents and I am grateful that they have a doctor/friend like this in their lives. I was surprised to find a bad review for her on this site. I can explain it only by thinking that the rare people that have a bad experience in a doctors office are the most vocal.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2014

My husband and I transferred our medical files to Dr L early 2013 because our regular doctor retired. She was wonderful to meet and had complete physicals done on both of us. All was well and happy to find a doctor. I called for an appointment today to renew a prescription and was told she returned to Alberta. That is certainly her option but we were not contacted either by letter or phone call or even email to inform us of her decision. I find this complete disregard for our future needs to be horrible. I can not imagine being so unprofessional and uncaring in this regard. Now my husband and I are forced to try to locate another practitioner again.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2013

This doctor had just moved here from Alberta and had taken me on as a new patient. She was very knowledgeable about my specific condition and at first appeared helpful. However, after just a few short months, she picked up and moved back to Alberta with absolutely no warning whatsoever. I have been dealing with my rare condition for a number of years and I thought that I had finally found a doctor who could help me. So I was devasted to learn that she had moved back home with no plan for my care in place and with no notice.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2013

Amazing Doctor! Incredibly caring and thorough. I am overweight, but I am in shape, I run marathons but my previous doctor bluntly told me I was too fat to run, Dr. Laverty counselled me through it and I will be sure to go to her now. Gentle, and doesn't make me feel rushed.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2013

Went to see Dr.lavarty, Waited hour and a half till she was ready and on her time. There was other people in the waiting room they were saying shes a very lazy doctor never on time. Actually went to finally see her, really rude, ignorant, asked me what my symptons are and bascially called me stupid for asking, told me i should lose weight and start excersising. If you can avoid this doctor do, she nasty, mean and has no interest in helping others. dont waste your time. I wish i found this earlier i wouldnt have bothered with her.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2013