Ratings for Dr. Kenneth Adler

He is a pompus jackass who thinks he can treat people outside of psychiatry with no knowledge of other fields. He is rude and apparently is only concerned with money. Would never recommend him. He's looking for a lawsuit and a complaint against his license.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016

After being "treated" for 6 months by this Dr. , I was actually feeling worse than when I started. He does not even look at you, stays buried in his computer. I turned to my GP who determined that I was being over medicated and suffering a syndrome caused by over prescribing and using combinations of meds that we're making me sicker.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015

I've been to this dr's office 6 times, but only seen him 5 (I left after 1.5 hours of waiting, and 2 patients before me). I don't know why people wait so long for him, what is he doing that he isn't doing for me? A measly Prozac prescription is not worth 2.5 hours of my time. He has the audacity to have a sign in his waiting from warning of a $50 charge for all appointments cancelled within 24 hours! It's no surprise that the receptionist sits behind a heavily frosted glass, so that she can avoid the angry gazes of waiting patients, but speaking of her, when you arrive she opens the glass and looks at you, silently..."hello? I'm here for my 'appointment'." Once you finally get into see him, he was not much help. As I complained of anxiety and depression, he googled summer camps for my kids and researched my prescription mail option (at length, on hold with an automated phone system, as I just sat there, and his waiting room was had at least 4 patients waiting). He has zero personality. Maybe completely disability forms is his niche? But he is not for me.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2014

This doctor wrote a report on me without even seeing me. He writes whatever a managed care insurance provider tells him to write. Don't even know how this is legal or ethical. Then when I called requesting to make a face to face appoitment with this doctor I was told I was not allowed. But he can make a decision if I get the help I need or not??? The managed care provider wrote to my doctor denying visits that I should be in a mental institution then has this doctor saying I don't need treatment so they don't have to pay out. I would not trust this doctor his ethics are obviously questionable. Must be desperate for cash. That must mean he is a pretty crappy doctor.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2014

This doctor should not be practicing!!! Only visited my family member for about 20 seconds the first time and immediately prescribed a bunch of unnecessary drugs just so they'd be a zombie like all the other patients in the unit without even examining them. Next visit, basically walks in and asks "hows it going" and before my family member could even respond he's walking back out the door. He doesn't give a crap how they are doing, he doesn't care if they are getting better, he doesn't care what is wrong with you..he is just there to DRUG you into submission. I have never seen anything like this in my life. Its like something you see from some 1960's horror movie. Some of the nurses are ok, but they don't seem to know much and they don't make any of the decision..this ONE doctor does and who knows how many other thousand of patients he has on one day.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2013

I would not recommend this doctor. He had very poor communication and did not respond to requests. My son was treated and the experience was dissapointing and I feel he extended a hospital stay unnecessarily. Look elsewhere for treatment, I did not choose this Dr. but was assigned to him by the hospital by default.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2013

Dr Adler saw my mother at Flower Hospital. In less than a week, with no new medication, he was ready to discharge her because she "was not a danger to herself or others," ignoring her crippling paranoia that gave her no quality of life. When he did change her medication, he gave her one she had been on for 11 days at the nursing home that wasn't working! I doubt that he would accept the "services" he provided for his own mother or accept crippling paranoia as her "new base level" when only 2 medications, both of which had previously not worked, were the only things tried! I'm a registered nurse and I know there are other medications available and don't understand a physician who refuses to talk to family and prefers to leave his patient in mental pain rather than keep her longer and try to improve her quality of life! Run away from this one! He's all that's bad about the medical system: uncaring, unhelpful and more concerned with reimbursement than the health of his patients.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2013

this doctor has no care for his patients i was admitted into arrowhead for substance abuse although i relapsed i went back to the facility before it turned into giving my life away for drugs. I thought I was doing the right thing by checking myself in. This man refuse to send me home with the correct medication to keep me away from the substance after i literaly BEGGED him to not send me home like that. I honestly think he wants to see his paitients on the news or in the paper dead! I beleive in God and I'm not gonna let this man be the reason why i can't get my life together. But, I know now more than ever the devil is out there that man just stole my insurance money and ran basicaly! please WISH ME LUCK! we are human and if we go into a rehab we deserve another chance because some people have to much pride to go into one then they end up dead! this thing is NOT a joke and the last person you think would treat it as a joke is the doctor you seek out to for HELP! I will pray 4 HIM!

flag | Submitted September 16, 2012

I was an inpatient at Arrowhead behavioral hospital for substance abuse. I am a healthcare professional myself. Dr. Adler did no assessment on me, asked me brief questions and when I tried to answer, cut me short and went on to another question, first visit was 10-15 min first day, second day was a 5 min visit 3rd day was about 1 min, day of discharge when he should have been assessing if I was ready and safe for discharge was literally 15 seconds. Personally the Staff of the hospital could have treated me without him. I observed and heard the exact same thing from other clients at the facility who probably got less time because they were not given the courtesey I was as another health care professional. Stay away from him! If you go to Arrowhead - which I would recommend - Demand another psychiatrist other than him!

flag | Submitted August 31, 2012

flag | Submitted June 26, 2012

Dr. Kenneth Adler's Credentials

• Medical College Of Ohio At Toledo (Grad. 1972)

Top Hospitals in Sylvania, OH