Ratings for Dr. Genevieve Rondeau

Knowledgeable and explains in depth. Makes you feel comfortable.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2018

This woman lacks basic compassion. I state this so directly because she has the difficult task of informing people and families of a cancer diagnosis. You would think that the sensitive nature of such a discussion would lead her to understand the angst and uncertainty that both her patients and their loved ones endure. Their lives are constantly hold with every new appointment or test result. And yet, she abruptly cancels appointments, rescheduling them a week later (despite having already waited five weeks). She says she will call with results, she never does. Her demeanor while informing you of your diagnosis is sterile and lacking emotion. Her overall practice is incredibly unpleasant and seriously unprofessional. Her secretaries mix up the order of arrivals and so you often wait longer (on an already long wait) for nothing. They also tell you one thing (such as we have to reschedule your appointment because we don't have results ), when in fact they do have your results but it's their computers that are down. During such a difficult time in one's health, I would urge you to look elsewhere. She is associated with the CHUM and if you want to be treated there, seek out the cancel of other endos aligned with that hospital. Don't put yourself through the emotional struggle verging on trauma, that I have had to endure.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2018

I didn't find this doctor professional. She spent 15 minutes to speak to me and she gave me pills. I have Hashimoto for many years and I didn't feel that Dr. Rondeau knows this disease. I tried to share my doubts and experience but she wasn't interested. She simplified it to measure ONLY the level of TSH. I will not come back to her office.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2018

Elle explique très bien les scénarios et leur probabilité; très bonne vulgarisatrice. Humaine et rassurante, tout en étant transparente sur les possibilités. Très bon suivi aussi.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2016

I waited three hours for a blood test that required 12 hours' fastng. I had to leave (without the test) before I collapsed. Staff told me that 15 hours without eating or drinking was normal, although the complaints office official with whom I spoke considered this timing unreasonable for a person in my state of health. My primary complaint about this doctor is that I was led to believe that I would either be dead, or wish I were, within a decade. I tried to change doctors (to someone more supportive) but was told after several months of waiting that I had never made the request. This was after I had spent two hours outlining my reasons why (to another doctor) and being assuresd that the necessary steps would be taken. In the end, more promises were made but not kept to the point where I would ever trust either of these doctors again.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2013

Very good doctor if you want to be stressed out with no good reason... She tried to put me under a drug based on a blood analysis from 1 year old... She doesn't read what she has and she's a very bad communicant... She should follow a course on "how to talk to people when they are not doctors..."

flag | Submitted August 8, 2013