Ratings for Dr. Robert Hampton

Dr Robert Hampton has an ill bedside manor. I have severe shoulder and arm pain. His assistant examined me thoroughly. Dr Hampton entered the room and without ever touching me (arms crossed) stated that he could not help me and indeed my problem was not orthopedic. He based this on an x-ray of my arm. I went in with a pain rating of 7/8 and came out with that rating 9/10 due to the exam. I asked Dr, Hampton for something for the pain. He looked at me then at my husband, who is African-American and said, "No, I don't give pain medications" It turns out, I have tendonitis in my shoulder and elbow, a small tear in my rotator cuff, and the start of a frozen shoulder. Dr. Hampton failed me, simply due to his egotistical and narcissistic personality. A word of caution: Choose someone else and check their detailed ratings before you ever make an appointment. Dr. Robert Hampton does not serve or uphold the standards and goals of Cleveland Clinic, where I too, am an employee.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2014