Ratings for Dr. Ruby Grewal

Dr. Grewal reviewed my surgical options in clear concise manor and in plain language. We chose an option but after thinking about it I wanted to change the procedure. A call to the office and discussion with her staff resulted in a return call from Dr. Grewal. We discussed my change of procedure and agreed on a the new option without a return visit. Dr. Grewal and her staff have been incredible throughout my treatment and I highly recommend seeing them at the HULC. Her patience, knowledge and professionalism has me looking to her for my next procedure.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2017

After reading some of the ratings, I was wary about seeing Dr Grewall. It turns out that she is not only a skilled surgeon but also a caring, patient-centered physician. I appreciated her honest discussion about the pros and cons of the two surgeries she could do to repair my hand. Her patience and kindness both during appointments and when I had surgery were greatly appreciated. She is outstanding!

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

Very pleased with her work and what she did for me.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2016

I was sent to the Hand and Upper Limb Clinic for a massive arm trauma that required surgical reconstruction and a bionic implant. Dr. Grewal ended up being the surgeon and after seeing some of the reviews here I got worried. Hopefully people can see past the ticked off patients because this Dr. is an incredible surgeon. Also patients need to realize that they will prioritize what limited time they have for surgery, for those who actually need it. The HULK clinic can be a really long wait at times and sometimes the doctors are bouncing around between surgery and the clinic. Dr. Grewal is an excellent doctor and surgeon who is incredibly busy. and unfortunately she is unable to make everyone happy. Keep up the good work!!! P.S. the nurses, x-ray techs, fellows, and physiotherapists that all make up this clinic are truly awesome.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2016

i was pleased with Dr Grewals proffesionalism and interest in the problems i had. She was receptive and took what i said seriously. I felt "heard" and i felt that we both truly wanted to solve the problems. Staff was excellent.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2016

Her Resident was fantastic and very detailed. I felt rushed with Dr Grewal and as if she was not paying attention to me. Based on how long I have been waiting to see a surgent at the clinic; it would be nice not to be treated as a number.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2016

Dr. Grewal and her staff are professional, efficient, effective and pleasant. My appointment was arranged in a timely fashion, Dr. Grewal and her student were prompt, polite, thorough, and patient enough to make sure I understood all available options, side effects or concerns, and recovery time. They answered all of my questions, and I did not feel rushed in and out. This was an enjoyable, surprising experience in respect to prior visits I have had other specialists.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2016

The worst surgeon my brother has encountered. He has a hand problem that has been there for over a year. He cannot workout, lift heavy things, or even lift things that are not too heavy. He struggles if he has to hold a pencil for a long time, and there's random constant pain. Unfortunately, it took so long to get an appointment with her. When we finally met, she said that she could either try a surgery which is risky, or leave his hand like how it is forever. Also, she said, he could try wearing a cast, which he already tried. To book the next appointment, she wanted us to wait until her maternity leave was over... I hate her, and would not recommend her to anyone

flag | Submitted February 2, 2016

Very very disappointed with Grewal. I refuse to call her a Dr! She fixed my arm some what, but left extra pieces in my arm. They need to be taken out. I told her on regular check-ups about on going issues with the rest of my arm. She said sorry but "she was only told to fix the certain part" oh and by the way, im going on maternity leave see dr faber. He was no better. He saw the other issues with my MRI'S and said, see grewal when she comes back from maternity. Very upset that NOW i have to go out shopping for another surgeon. She will not touch me again.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2015

Two hand surgeries - CMC joint Arthroplasty & DIP fusion. Not happy with either. No k-wire in thumb post-op causing chronic subluxing of my right thumb (dominant hand) . Index finger from DIP fusion in now 1 cm. shorter than it was. Looks weird and is hard to adjust to. Had both these surgeries done on other joints by a different surgeon with awesome results. I am an Operating Room RN, so know a lot sbout these matters. Too late now for me, but I would find smother surgeon who has better technique.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2015