Ratings for Dr. Syed Amanullah

Thank you Dr. Syed....... excellent care !! Cheers to good health :)

flag | Submitted July 3, 2017

Dr. Amanulla is a very professional specialist. he is thorough, compassionate and knowledgeable. I am baffled by some of the preceding negative comments on this page.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

He is an amazing doctor and a very dedicated to his job.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2017

Worst doctor I have ever seen. Told me my problems would be solved if I went on vacation. Constantly asked me if I was still with my boyfrieng during every visit. 1st visit he wouldnt even assess me without being tested for celiac. Which I was tested two month prior. After my first colonoscopy he didn't even bother to call me or try and discuss the results. Couple years later was referred to him again. Also obsessed with the face my boyfriend should take me on vacation. He wasnt even the doctor who performed my 2nd colonoscopy. His clinic booked colonoscopies 15 minutes apart, the hospital staff says they need to be booked 45 minutes apart. My test was 5 hours late which is super inconvenient when I dont live in red deer. A simple call to reschedule would have been great. I would never ever recommend this guy to anyone.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2017

Before my colonoscopy even started, I felt Dr. Syed diagnosed my 4 months of problems due to using ibuprofen a few times a month and artificial sweetener in tea a couple times a week (maybe). Neither of those would cause chronic diarrhea and stomach pains. I left this appointment feeling very frustrated and now have to wait 6 weeks for a followup appointment.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

I first saw Dr. Syed in Emergency and he was very wonderful in explaining things to me and stopping every so often to ask if I had any questions. Two days later when I had my endoscopy again he was very pleasant and again made sure I understood everything and asked if I had any questions before the procedure began. I had absolutely complete faith in him for everything and still do going into the future.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

He was quite late getting to the office, the first patient left as she was tired of waiting - the second patient waiting asked the receptionist to maybe check with the doctor to see when he might be coming in. She was very polite, I felt bad for her having to make excuses - sounded like it wasn't uncommon for her to be put in that position. He did finally show up, my appointment was short and to the point - scheduled for gastroscopy and biopsy for celiac diagnosis. When I had the procedure I was under the assumption I would be sedated ahead of time, imagine how shocked I was when they started inserting the scope while I was fully conscious - one nurse held my arms while I panicked and started crying and gagging. At some point during the procedure I was given an "amnesia" type drug, which apparently is quite common. Please make sure you ask questions about sedation prior to your procedure! I won't be having another one by this doctor again.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2016

He has always been very knowledgeable, gentle, kind and trying to get to the cause of my abdominal pain. I have had him for several colonoscopies and he has been very professional and willing to take the time for discussing the problem. Highly recommended! (I think Syed and Farruk are both his names).

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

Went in for celiac testing, he did an endoscopy which was great, but then started pushing me for a colonoscopy when not clinically indicated. Upon discussing my diet and after telling him I do not eat processed wheat and gluten products he told me that I should eat wheat products because God put wheat on the earth to eat. WTF? Please leave God out of my treatment plan. Anyways, he ruled out celiacs disease for me, but thats about ALL he did. No further recommendations or treatment plans were given to me for my GI problems.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Amanullah to have an upper GI done. I have to start by saying that I did use this site to preview the doctor before meeting him and went in a little guarded based on the reviews from this listing and his other listing. I am glad that I went in open minded and decided to make the judgement myself not based on someone else's experience. The doctor was a little behind scheduled but that's to be expected in the medical field,,I'd rather they take the time to do their job thoroughly than rush through. The doctor himself was very thorough, knowledgable and professional. he already knew what he was/ wasn't going to find after chatting with me. After the procedure, he met with me before I left to discuss the results and what my next step should be. I appreciate that Dr. Amanullah met with me before and after the procedure and I appreciate his professional manner. With the being said, please make your own judgement of the doctor AFTER you meet him.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2014