Dr. Matthew D. Hinderland

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Matthew D. Hinderland

I had an ingrown toenail that had been giving me pain for quiet a while. Dr. Hinterland took care of the problem, and I was very impressed with both his medical care and with the professionalism of both the doctor and the entire staff. I will recommend this clinic to friends and family.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2018

I'm not happy to change foot Surgeons only because I'm not sure what to expect with the next. Dr Hinderland was impressive on our first visits with him before surgery a year ago. But after my end results of bunion surgery turned bad and today I'm still not comfortable I can't give this Dr a high score. 1. During all of our surgery visits Dr Hinderland not one time said to us "This bunion surgery can ruin your life" (that's a quote) 2. When he said "Let's get you comfortable" after many visits post surgery, one of his last comments when I told him it was still painful to walk as my sesemoid bone was and still is to this day inflamed he said and I quote "It is what it is". 3.  I also can't walk too far on cement even wearing $120 shoes from Boulder running company which he advised me to get better shoes and I did. That was the only helpful info because after that I could go back to work. But now instead of being able to walk my dog for an hour, I can't walk more than 20 minutes or so without pain even with good shoes and not everyday.  First and foremost had he mentioned only ONCE that this surgery could "ruin my life"...I would have NEVER proceeded with the surgery as I'm a CNA and Martial Arts student. I haven't been able since my surgery to do martial arts and I only work part-time because I can't be on my feet 40 hours a week anymore. So, for those three reasons, I'm in search of a better surgeon and one who will be straight forward from the start and put the patient before the money. As why would any surgeon do a procedure they knew could ruin a person's life without telling them until "AFTER" the surgery? Maybe he was hoping it wouldn't? Very disappointed.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2017

Saw Dr. Hinderland last year for a wound that would not heal after surgery. He is AMAZING and COMPASSIONATE! Explained everything with detail and terms you and I understand.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2017

Very knowledgeable. Provides options and will work with you on your preferred option.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2017

Dr Hinderland clearly knows his 'stuff'. More importantly, he explains things so you can understand and feel comfortable. He is a truly caring doctor and gives you information and options to help you make decisions about your healthcare.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2017

I had ankle ligament surgery and pins removed from by big toe area. He is a great surgeon and office staff super!

flag | Submitted January 16, 2017

He did a total ankle replacement for me I'm walking great I do have some numbness in my foot hoping it goes away .Dr. Hinderland cares about you not like some doctors in & out.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2014

Dr. Matthew D. Hinderland's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Midwestern University (Grad. 2009)
  • Arizona State University (Grad. 2005)

• Board Certified, American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery