Ratings for Dr. Timothy Collins

Terrible doctor. I was sent to him for a second opinion on how to more effectively treat my migraines. The only advice he gave was whenever I get a headache to take 400mg of seroquel and "knock myself out until my headache goes away". I was having migraines that lasted for months at a time. So I guess he just wanted me to be unconscious for months and months while I waited for my migraine to go away. That was the craziest thing I had ever heard. Needless to say, I have not been back and have no plans to return to his practice.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2015

This was a horrible medical experience from the moment he walked into the room. He was visibly angry that I had been diagnosed with IIH and previously had been given lumbar punctures. I have 4 medical professionals that agree I have IIH and he is the one that disagrees. He spoke terrible about a Duke colleague and even told me I should let him take the diagnosis off my medical record so my insurance would pay for Botox. All he cared about was Botox. He took me off a medicine that helped (HCTZ) and doubled a medication that wasn't helping (Depakote) and it caused me to have visual and auditory hallucinations and severe suicidal thoughts. A concerned family member called his office on my behalf and was told he is on vacation and to take me to ER if problems continued. He nor his staff called back to check on me or schedule follow up. For all they know I committed suicide thanks to his horrible medication changes. I will never go back to him again. A rating of one star is way too generous!!! Beware of this doctor if your life is important to you!!

flag | Submitted December 23, 2014

I knew this doctor before he moved and dropped all his clients tied to the hospital. Without notice I was sent to a HORRIBLE doctor immediately after suffering from IIH half a year. I thought he was a nice guy but very unhappy to see him up and leave like that. So rude. Don't ever let him give you a spinal tap in the office...go to a hospital. I was in so much pain and didn't even finish it. Other than that he was convenient to see, not as busy maybe because he was already planning to move, and overall okay at his job.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2014

Wish I had read the ratings on Dr Collins earlier. He has not improved. He does not take any personal interest in a patient. Quick to refer you to another doctor. As a supposed pain doctor, does not seem to care that your in pain. Will not ever return a phone call. No follow up to check on your condition.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2014

I was not happy at all with this doctor. His first question was why are you here? He told me the problem I had been treated for from another physician was a wrong diagnosis. He did not have any suggestions on what I should do except give me a prescription. When I asked a question concerning my condition he talked down to me, treated me very rudely. He never acknowledged my spouse. When my spouse asked him to explain something Dr. Collins was just as rude. No answers to my questions, but he wants to see me again in a few months. Why would I go back to him?? I have been to some very good doctors that take time to explain things with a kind and gentle manner. Dr Collins does not fall in that group. I will not go back there.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2013

Dr. Collins never in 8 weeks ever returned my phone call. After having a horrible experience at Duke Hospital, he put me on medicine that was detrimental and made me feel worse and when I called his office 6 times in 2 weeks, he never returned my call. Duke Radiation took 12 hours to do an MRI and he never called me after he prescribed the medicine, and I stopped taking it. This was after it took me 4 weeks to get an appointment, and another 6 weeks to have an MRI and an appointment on the same day. Cost of travel and hotel and kennels for this 15 hour ordeal was $225.00. Avoid Dr. Collins at all costs!!!

flag | Submitted October 15, 2011

Dr. Timothy Collins's Credentials

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)