Ratings for Dr. Wm Hughes

During the first apt, Dr. Hughes asked if we had ever met before, was not being clear on what the diagnosis actually was despite briefly suggesting a few treatment options, and the short encounter was spent with Dr. Hughes mumbling medical jargon into his dictaphone . When I went to fill the prescription I was asked by the pharmacist what the dose was supposed to be and how the medication had been prescribed as it was not clear based on what Dr. Hughes had written. The second apt, I showed up 15 minutes early to be told Dr. Hughes was running an hour and 15 minutes late which I accommodated without complaint only to be met by Dr. Hughes being completely unprofessional, apathetic, condescending and rude, clearly reluctant and resentful to answer any questions or clarify the test results to date, diagnosis, and treatment options moving forward. Dr. Hughes mumbled again into his dictaphone and when we tried to clarify the information shared to date and how to best move forward, he spent more time stating "that's not what I said" than taking the time to clearly explain anything. The brief encounter got to the point of Dr. Hughes literally saying, and I quote, "I really don't care what you do". Dr. Hughes begrudgingly scribbled down the name of the diagnosis when we asked him to, and another prescription for the same medication as the last time, this time clarifying "you should be fine with 5 mg", when we mentioned the previous issue with the dose miscommunication. We left shocked, confused, and appalled by the encounter. We took what information we had to the pharmacist at Costco who willingly and pleasantly explained in detail the condition based on their interpretation of what Dr. Hughes had scribbled down, treatment and prescription options. I don't know when Dr. Hughes stopped caring about his profession and the people meeting with him who are worried about their health and what to do about it, but it is clear that his patience and compassion are completely gone. If you have any control over your referral, I would recommend you go to anyone else. Dr. Hughes did clarify that if it came to surgery, a referral would be made to Kingston and it would not be him completing the surgery, Dr. Hughes presents as having no interest and seeing no purpose in providing feedback from extensive testing so someone can understand what is actually wrong with them and make an informed decision about what to do about it, and actually he stated he does not care what if anything is done about the problem, so hopefully this information can at least help someone else avoid getting into this kind of situation and validate the experiences of anyone else who has had a similar encounter.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2018

A real piece of work. Rude and won't give you the time of the day.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2016

No attentiveness to the point of being rude -- no feedback on any tests - always talks into Dictaphone rather than to the patient. Prescribes drugs that even the pharmacist refuses to fill because of interaction with existing medication.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2013