Ratings for Dr. Robert L. Thompson

I've been a patient of Dr. Thompson's for the last 8 years. He delivered me, my brother, and nephew and continues to treat my sister and mother. The staff at his office are extremely busy and albeit he is sometimes hard to reach, his knowledge and demeanor make up for it. Plus, I really dont care much for having a rapport with his staff since they are not treating me, but I can't say I've ever been treated rudely by any one of them. Everytime I am there I end up having to wait, anywhere from 20 minutes to as much as two hours (but they do validate parking if you appointment is late)..and THE REASON everyone's appointments begin late is because Dr. Thompson will take AS MUCH TIME AS YOU NEED to sit and talk with him in his office after he sees you, regardless of how busy his waiting room is. He is one of the best OB/Gyn's in the field and I recommend him highly. He is a sweet sweet man and very careful and has NEVER made me feel like I was a bother.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2012

This Dr. is impossible to contact and his office help is rude and don't return calls either. Also for many years I've been his patient and he kept misdiagnosing my lichen sclerosis as "yeast infections" He kept treating me for that for many years not even considering it was something else. When I finally switched to another gynie she immediately knew it was lichen sclerosis. When you finally do reach his receptionist she usually tells you she is busy and to call back later (to make an appointment) THen when you call back later she moans that she is still busy and to call back again. This happens almost every time. Dr. THompson won't even return calls to my pcp either.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2009

twice in a row, had to wait for 2hours to see him. I would forgive that but my visit was hurried and he barely talked to me and had none of my information at hand to discuss. changing doctors. Staff extremely unhelpful and borderline rude

flag | Submitted March 14, 2008

I had been a patient of Dr. Thompson's for about 4 years (before he moved into Magee lower level. I think the move to Magee affected his ability to handle patients in a timely manner although I can excuse a few times he was late because of a lecture he was conducting. I noticed he wasn't punctual more when I was pregnant and had to see him every other week. Quite frankly, I am the type of person to put up with that seeing as his credentials are impeccable. At first I thought the staff was rude but once I lightened up and started joking around and talking to them more, I found they were all extremely pleasant and caring. Even Dr. Thompson has a lighter side if you can joke with a Dr. that's looking at you from under a sheet! All in all, I still continue to see Dr. Thompson for my routine exams and will continue to see him.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2008

Also found the staff to be incredibly unprofession and unhelpful. The doctor was arrogant and extremely cold. Had almost scary basement feel to entire experience. First and last time that I visted that Dr. Thompson. I went to start taking birth control and he suggested the patch even though all of the increased health risks were all over the news. Uniterested is right.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2006

First prenatal visit was a terrible experience. Waited over an hour and a half. No apology. All staff acted like it was a bother and were rude and inflexible. Doctor was uninvested, insensitive and hurried. Little to no appointment flexibility. Terrible practice- will never, ever go there again (and I let them know it).

flag | Submitted September 10, 2006

Dr. Robert L. Thompson's Credentials

• University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine (Grad. 1973)

Centene