Ratings for Dr. Max Findlay

I have submitted my opinion/experience of Dr Findlay in the past and it was not favourable (post-laminectomy). Recent research had me coincidentally land me on this site again. I was curious of any current assessments of Dr F. and found the prompt to "Be the first to rate this..." I saw it as an opportunity to rethink with a decade in retrospect. This must be considered when seeing the mandatory stars ratings. Being a full 10 years ago I do not recall issues with staff and if there were rescheduled dates of appointments or surgery, they did not remain in memory as a pertinent issue, thus I tried remaining neutral to abide by site rules. Also very important, the possibilities of the Doctor providing a better experience for ALL patients must be in context as well. I have "dealt with" other surgeons since and can understand a degree of arrogance may be sensed with the ego/pride of being a specialist, especially if the surgery was unsuccessful in pain relief. I was told the odds were 50/50 upfront and had come to terms with that. What soured everything was my follow-up appointment. He had known on a day-after visit to my hospital bed that pain in walking was still present- was it misdiagnosis? - Back (no pun intended) to the follow-up appointment. As anyone that's experienced severe chronic pain, you understand emotions are high and depression common; you do not get more personal than your health issues. When told that our doctor/patient relation was immediately over and not to be "so melodramatic" with my tears... no further recommendations or referrals for further assessment from this guy, nope. No hope (at the time) & feeling like a broken product no longer worth repairs I was dismissed. Never to be seen by him- my choice now. Bedside mannerisms can be as revealing as eyes to the soul Dr F. I believe I'm a stronger person today (life's experiences, spiritual growth) and I continue the struggle of self-improvement. I sincerely hope that Dr Findlay has as well, if not just for the pain-suffering community of the Edmonton area.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2017