Ratings for Dr. Winston Kim

My mother, 88, underwent a full replacement of her right knee at the Spire Hospital in Manchester under the care of Dr Kim. From the very beginning Dr Kim's clear explanations of the process and attention to detail filled us with confidence, for it is no simple matter to undergo a full knee replacement at 88 and I was particularly worried for my mother. On the day of the operation we arrived at the hospital at 7am and my mother was checked and prepared for surgery by various members of staff with absolute efficiency. By 9am she was being taken down to the theatre and she was back in her room before 12noon. The subsequent attention and care my mother received was excellent, not only from Dr Kim, who visited her almost every day whilst she was at the hospital to check on progress (when he could not visit he made a telephone call to her directly) but also from the nursing and physio staff at the Spire. It is now four weeks since the operation and my mother is free from pain and recovering well. We are very grateful for Dr Kim's knowledge and expert skill.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2018

I had a total hip replacement operation in April 2018 at the Alexandra Hospital. I consider myself very fortunate to have had Mr Kim as my consultant. He is a highly professional surgeon who always makes you feel comfortable whenever you are discussing your surgery. He is informative and helpful with a very pleasant manner. I was absolutely delighted to be walking without crutches only three weeks after my operation. It is wonderful to be able to walk without all the pain I was experiencing before the operation. I highly recommend Mr Kim and all his staff. All the staff at the hospital were lovely.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2018

I had a hip replacement that was carried out by Mr Kim last year. I can't praise his professionalism and care too highly. I particularly liked the clear and direct way that he explained to me about the operation. Care from all staff was brilliant.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2017

In October 2017 I had a total hip replacement on my right side carried out by Mr Kim at the Alexandra Hospital. At my initial meeting Mr Kim took me through the problem carefully and provided lots of information. I had previously had my left hip replaced at Trafford General hospital without any information provided. I felt much more cared for on this occasion with Mr Kim's calm manner reassuring me despite the fact that I was worried because of my previous bad experience. The care at the staff at the Alexandra after the operation was excellent and helped me on the way to recovery much more quickly than I expected. After 6 weeks I am now able to walk without crutches and my recovery progresses well. My thanks to Mr Kim and his staff.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2017

On the 10th July 2017 I had a Total Right Hip Replacement carried out by Mr Winston Kim at the Alexandra Hospital (Cheadle), the care, professionalism and dedication Mr Kim puts into his patients is exemplary and a credit to his profession, I am well on the way to total recovery after just over 5 weeks, walking 2-3 miles without crutches, this is the second hip replacement Mr Kim has carried out for me in 4 years (Left hip replaced April 2013 at the Spire), Mr Kim makes you feel so relaxed before, during and after the procedure as he has a lovely calming mannerism, from beginning to end the whole process is dealt with in a totally professional manner, from initial contact with Shabnam or Berghitta ( Mr Kims Secretaries) through to all the staff at the Alexandra, I am one totally satisfied patient, I feel like the 6 million dollar man now, thanks a lot Mr Kim and his teams. Yours Sincerely Phil Stones, Chadderton, Oldham.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2017

Couldn't have asked for better treatment great results after knee replacement. Mr Kim told me to reduce swelling with cold compression's up to 10 times a day which really worked

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

7 weeks ago I had a total knee replacement. Mr Kim performed the operation, after the operation he advised me to constantly ice the knee in order to reduce the swelling which I did up to 10 times a day. I also performed all the exercises I was given by my physiotherapist Charlie Brown at the Alexandra Hospital which resulted in being able to discard my crutches after only four weeks. I can wholeheartedly recommend Mr Kim and his team for their professionalism and enthusiasm.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2017

I have recently had arthroscopy for partial menisectomy, after suffering knee pain for eight months. Mr. Kim was recommended to me by my doctor. I found Mr. Kim to be very professional, knowledgeable, kind and compassionate. I was very nervous but everything was fully explained before my operation and after moving forward by Mr. Kim. The physio at the Alexandra (Lucy) has been fantastic and has helped me on my journey to fitness. It was absolutely the right thing to do and I would not hesitate to recommend Mr. Kim and his team if you are thinking of having any kind of knee surgery. I

flag | Submitted June 8, 2017

Mr Kim was recommended to me by my Physio after suffering knee pain on and off for many years. I found Mr Kim very understanding and easy to talk to. Following an MRI, a tear of the meniscus was diagnosed. Shortly afterwards I had arthroscopy and a partial menisectomy at the New Spire Hospital and walked out the same day. I followed the exercise regime and within 3 weeks was signed off by the Physiotherapist. Now six weeks later I am almost fully recovered and walking and cycling again. I would rate Mr Kim and his team at the Spire second to none. The whole process was stress free and so professional. I consider myself very fortunate to have been recommended to such a wonderful surgeon and would not hesitate to advise anyone with Hip and knee problems to see him. A very big thank you.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

I had my hip operation in January 2016 and Dr Kim was marvellous. My hip has been very good and am pleased to say Dr Kim crossed me off last week, a year later. I had no complications and lead a normal life free of pain. Thank you Dr Kim.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017