Ratings for Dr. Winston Kim

On the 10th July 2017 I had a Total Right Hip Replacement carried out by Mr Winston Kim at the Alexandra Hospital (Cheadle), the care, professionalism and dedication Mr Kim puts into his patients is exemplary and a credit to his profession, I am well on the way to total recovery after just over 5 weeks, walking 2-3 miles without crutches, this is the second hip replacement Mr Kim has carried out for me in 4 years (Left hip replaced April 2013 at the Spire), Mr Kim makes you feel so relaxed before, during and after the procedure as he has a lovely calming mannerism, from beginning to end the whole process is dealt with in a totally professional manner, from initial contact with Shabnam or Berghitta ( Mr Kims Secretaries) through to all the staff at the Alexandra, I am one totally satisfied patient, I feel like the 6 million dollar man now, thanks a lot Mr Kim and his teams. Yours Sincerely Phil Stones, Chadderton, Oldham.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2017

Couldn't have asked for better treatment great results after knee replacement. Mr Kim told me to reduce swelling with cold compression's up to 10 times a day which really worked

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

7 weeks ago I had a total knee replacement. Mr Kim performed the operation, after the operation he advised me to constantly ice the knee in order to reduce the swelling which I did up to 10 times a day. I also performed all the exercises I was given by my physiotherapist Charlie Brown at the Alexandra Hospital which resulted in being able to discard my crutches after only four weeks. I can wholeheartedly recommend Mr Kim and his team for their professionalism and enthusiasm.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2017

I have recently had arthroscopy for partial menisectomy, after suffering knee pain for eight months. Mr. Kim was recommended to me by my doctor. I found Mr. Kim to be very professional, knowledgeable, kind and compassionate. I was very nervous but everything was fully explained before my operation and after moving forward by Mr. Kim. The physio at the Alexandra (Lucy) has been fantastic and has helped me on my journey to fitness. It was absolutely the right thing to do and I would not hesitate to recommend Mr. Kim and his team if you are thinking of having any kind of knee surgery. I

flag | Submitted June 8, 2017

Mr Kim was recommended to me by my Physio after suffering knee pain on and off for many years. I found Mr Kim very understanding and easy to talk to. Following an MRI, a tear of the meniscus was diagnosed. Shortly afterwards I had arthroscopy and a partial menisectomy at the New Spire Hospital and walked out the same day. I followed the exercise regime and within 3 weeks was signed off by the Physiotherapist. Now six weeks later I am almost fully recovered and walking and cycling again. I would rate Mr Kim and his team at the Spire second to none. The whole process was stress free and so professional. I consider myself very fortunate to have been recommended to such a wonderful surgeon and would not hesitate to advise anyone with Hip and knee problems to see him. A very big thank you.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

I had my hip operation in January 2016 and Dr Kim was marvellous. My hip has been very good and am pleased to say Dr Kim crossed me off last week, a year later. I had no complications and lead a normal life free of pain. Thank you Dr Kim.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

Nothing but the highest praise. After a THR in mid November, I am happy and relaxed. Walking and sleeping very well. I know that each individual has different pain thresholds and recovery rates; I was pain free immediately following the operation, walking with a frame the same evening and home within 48 hours. I walked further and further each day and followed the Physio's instructions to the letter. Driving again, looking forward to hill walking and cricket in the summer.As soon as I met Mr Kim I felt I was in very good hands and that has definitely been the case. Thank you.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

I recently had a knee operation (partial meniscectomy) carried out by Mr. Kim at the Spire Hospital in Manchester. I've never had surgery before so was a little apprehensive. However the whole process was undertaken in a very efficient and professional way from the time I was admitted to the time I was discharged. Mr. Kim was very courteous and ensured I understood the procedure itself, the risks of the surgery and the likelihood of a positive outcome. The team at the Spire were also friendly and caring making the whole hospital visit a stress-free experience. The operation itself appears to have been successful and I'm very happy with the outcome so far (2 months post-op).

flag | Submitted December 5, 2016

I had a total knee replacement done some time ago by Mr. Kim and was rather blasé about the exercises he told me to do but after several assurances from him that it was the only way forward I persevered. He was right! He is a wonderful surgeon and extremely helpful. If you have to have an operation by Mr. Kim then I suggest that you listen to his advice and take it! Thank you Mr. Kim for helping me.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2016

I have had both hips replaced by Mr Kim, one in Jan. 2010 and one in Jan 2016. both operations were carried with the utmost proficiency, and care from all hospital staff concerned.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2016