Ratings for Dr. Eng Kong Tan

This doctor will create problems in your head that will give you self doubt. He is trying to create perminant patients and will not let you go easily

flag | Submitted November 7, 2017

This man is Motivated by money only. Be careful he doesn’t manipulate you into going to multiple sessions (group and individual) per week. Dangerous man

flag | Submitted November 4, 2017

He does not like to be challenged. When he makes an assessment, it is not to be questioned.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2017

After my son's suicide, Dr Tan delayed going on holiday to see me, nor did he charge me for the session. His compassion and care helped me through the most difficult time in my life. I cannot comment on others' experiences with Dr Tan but I respectfully suggest that they may be mistaken in their assumptions. He is one of the most compassionate people I have ever met and obviously not motivated by money as I was willing to pay for the session.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

I'd rate zero if I could. He walked out on a session and said I'd made him angry

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016

Disturbing. Made sweeping statements ie if you are the only female in a family you were spoilt by your father! If this is an example of his thinking he should not be practising. Abrupt, condescending and narcissistic. This is not an exaggeration. I could give more detailed examples not suitable for this forum.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

It is sad to hear that someone has taken away an impression of pushy and rude. Eng Kong Tan is a spectacularly kind and compassionate man who treats all with the upmost respect and kindness particularly his staff. I have had the opportunity to be a student of Eng Kong and can honestly say he is one of the most dedicated and professional people I have been honoured to meet. I think sometimes when we are struggling within ourselves, we can project something of these struggles onto others when they are trying to reach us. He is not driven by money or the need to move anyone towards unhelpful therapeutic interventions. Anyway, he is a gem! Alyse Birmingham Geats

flag | Submitted December 9, 2014

He was nice enough BUT he was very pushy trying to get me to sign up to his group therapies. I also disliked the way he spoke to his Secretary, he was rude to her, not very professional. I found the Practice Manager to be rude as well. On that note I would never go back because you need to feel comfortable and not be pushed into anything. It was like he was only in it for the money and what he could get out of it.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2013