Ratings for Dr. Sandy Tam

Regularly runs late, an hour or more past appointment time. Concentrates more on inputting patient info into computer than face-to-face time with patient, otherwise friendly & seems competent & helpful.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2018

I've been with Dr. Tam for more than a decade. He is hands down the best GP I've ever met. He's knowledgeable, but what really sets him apart is that he takes the time to ask questions and find out what is really going on rather than writing a prescription for the first thing that comes to mind and kicking you out the door. As a result, his diagnoses are far more accurate, and he's far better able to help patients than doctors who are more interested in being a production like and seeing as many people as possible an hour. For those who don't know, doctors are paid by the appointment, so he's actually taking a pay cut doing this, which speaks strongly to his character. It does tend to lead to Dr. Tam running late, but it's a worthwhile trade off. He also accepts walk in patients, and I have seen him stay more than two hours after closing to make sure everybody gets tended to rather than turning people away. I recommend him to everybody who will listen.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2017

Dr. Tam has been my family doctor for years. I used to enjoy going to see him. Now, I wait at least an hour. He's always running late. He's a great doctor, when you can actually see him for more than 10 minutes! I rarely go anymore, because a walk in clinic often has less of a wait time. I think most of the terrible staff he had are no longer at the clinic, but they seem to be an unhelpful, rude group of people. It doesn't make the wait time any better when the staff are not at least well mannered.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2017

He has been my Dr for over 7 years, straight forward, lots of questions. In the past few years though, has been so busy, always behind, overbooked. Last time I had an appt, waited over an hour, then had his 'assistant" see me, was very upsetting as he did not know my history. Makes me put off follow ups and I just go to walk ins for Rx refills. wish he didn't take on so many patients.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2017

Dr. Tam is great, knowledgeably and helpful. He's been my doctor for years now but his staff is horrible. Stupid rude little twats. Also will waste time as he is always running behind.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

Dr. Sandy Tam is a very caring and knowledge Doctor. I have reccomended him to my family and friends and have total faith that he will be trying to get the the root of any health issues you may have. He has a wonderful sense of compassion and approaches any health issues with knowledge and expertise. Anyone seeking an exceptional doctor, look no further. He is the real deal.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2015

Great doctor! He always listen to my questions and answers them all in depth. He even prints out forms on the topic I'm asking about to learn more. Although he may seem like he a not listening and doesn't make eye contact that much, he definitely is. We took my son to see him for an infection and he got him the medicine he needed, not like the Dr we brought him to the day before. His staff on the other hand is rude . Especially the tall blonde girl. What a snob!

flag | Submitted June 29, 2015

I've seen Dr Tam a few times now and he's always late, he doesn't answer my questions, and the last time I ended up in the hospital after he said I would be OK. I don't know how he got 4 stars.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015