Ratings for Dr. Jared Peck

This comment could not be long enough for me to properly explain just how much of a danger Dr Peck is to any and every one of his patients that he happens to disagree with. I found him to be rude, disrespectful, and intellectually dishonest to a point that i could not believe i would see in a licensed psychiatrist. While I was sitting in the room talking he made gestures and expressions to my mom multiple times to clearly express that he thought what i was saying was ridiculous (my mom also thought this was odd). Additionally i left the room to go the bathroom and while i was gone my mom had told him something that she did not want him to tell me and it was very obvious she was under the impression it was in confidence. How ever when i returned he immediately "threw it in my face" without any hesitation or warning to me and my mom and sort of a "gotchya" .... my mom was also surpsied albeit more so than teh facial expressions that he would do taht. I cant imagine I will ever meet a psychiatrist that has worse etiquette and is more closed minded to the possibility that he is wrong than Dr. Peck. I want to be clear i am not saying he is the worst. just that out of every 100 psychiatrist there are likely only 1 - 4 others that are less apt to believing they may not know the answer right away. but above all he was just very openly DISRESPECTFUL and CONDESCENDING. and he is the psychiatrist. NOTE: He is punctual but he works in a hospital, and in all honesty these 4 categories should not be weighted evenly when judging a psychiatrist. He is dangerous to anyone who is not independently checking what he says. he thinks he is smart and is good at his job and as a result doesnt really second guess anything he says or thinks.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2018

He is by far the best doctor i have ever had. Very through and empathetic to my struggles. He did not make assumptions about me like most doctors I have been to do. It is a shame that most doctors are not like Dr. Peck.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2018

Dr. Peck is extremely collaborative in his approach to care, and allows me to be an active participant in my treatment. This helps me feel like I am more in control of my mental health, which is important for me (as a person with a mood disorder.) Dr. Peck is progressive, and takes a holistic approach to my mental health: we discuss things like physical activity, meditation as a tactic to reduce stress, prescription treatments for my diagnosis, cognitive behavioural approaches and more - I value this a great deal and am quite lucky to have him as part of my care team.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2017

I found Dr. Peck to be very knowledgeable and understanding of my condition. He also suggested some other resources for me to try. He is also a good listener and takes feedback positively, which allows me to be more actively involved in my treatment.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2013

Complete waste of time. He chose to label me without a true interest to investigate the underlying medical cause. Felt he is too inexperienced to be part of the Dept of Psychiatry of a major hospital. I expected a higher level of experience and competency. Would NOT recommend.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2013