Ratings for Dr. Abdul Chehimi

Went to him as a teenager and he refused to give me birth control. Then as I got older he would make me uncomfortable telling me I should have a baby and a family. I was only in my early 20s. It was awkward and innapropriate. When I started addressing my anxiety to him and depression he would basically laugh at me and push me out the door. It took me maybe 5 years for him to finally stop laughing at me and treating me like an idiot and get me help. Also on numerous occasions he would prescribe me a medication, id go back for more and he would LIE and say he never prescribed me it. When I had a BOTTLE with HIS NAME on it saying he did. I found a new doctor who has finally helped me. Thanks to chehimi he pushed me out the door untill I almost snapped. Now I've been diagnosed with multiple mental illnesses which is great to have answers but i shouldn't be finding these only at age 25. This man was brutal.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2016

I saw Dr. chehimi once and felt that he was dismissive and lacked empathy. He was the only doctor with appointments available today, so I will go to a Medicentre instead. It's a shame that information from this visit won't be entered on my file.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2016

It's not surprise that when I call, he is the only doctor with openings, regardless of day or time. I have seen him a couple of times and have walked away very dissatisfied. The 1st time was after I had my baby. I knew I had mastitis. He didn't believe me and was very patronizing. By evening, I was feverish and very ill. The 2nd time, I has strep throat. He was very incompetent swabbing my throat and even grew impatient with me because he couldn't see down my throat even though he was practically on top of me. The swab came back positive for strep. The form also indicated to not use a certain antibiotic because it wasn't strong enough. So what does he do??? He prescribes the wrong medication. I got better but once I was done the antibiotics. the strep returned days later! I had to go on antibiotics a 2nd time. Never again. So incompetent, uncaring and lacks knowledge. I gave him a 3 for punctuality because he isn't as busy as the other physicians. Hmmm, I wonder why . . . .

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016

One uncaring doctor! Super-quick to refer to specialists, doesn't answer questions at all once that's done. No support for mental health issues- none. A clearing house for medication that the best I can say about him. The worst can't be shared in public.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

I've had to beg to get MRI's done and referrals to surgeons as the good doctor seems reluctant to do so. In fact the old joke "doctor it hurts when I do this...then don't do that" was actually played out in one visit. The staff does such a poor job making the arrangements after the fact that I've had to endure close to a year of needless pain because they "forgot" to schedule an MRI or follow up on the requests. Do yourself a favour and avoid this doctor.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2014

He is a hack, he is clueless to how a patient feels.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2013