Ratings for Dr. Abdul Chehimi

I have been a patient of Dr. Chehimi for about 8 years now. I have very little positive things to say about this man. When I was younger and inquiered about birth control and STD checks, he made me feel bad about myself and he really did look down on me. I was misdiagnosed for approximately 1.5 years while intermindetly having gull bladder attacks. He never ordered any type of scan, ultrasound or test when I complained about major pain in my stomach. I ended up at the hospital one night, having an attack. Two days later, it was removed. Thanks for the help Dr. Chehimi. I was also misdiagnosed with having a skin rash for years. He told me it must be a rash from my work boots... finally he refereed me to a specialist in Edmonton. The specialist only needed 3 second to confirm it was eczema. I was prescribed an ointment and haven't had an outbreak since. Thanks Dr. chehimi. And most recently, I had an appoitement with him on Thursday regarding an outbreak on my face. I basically had to plead with him to give me an antibiotic. Upon leaving his office, I realized I had forgot to ask him to check my ear for pain. I came back 20 SECONDS later and ask the receptionist for just one more minute with him. She spoke wth him in the hallway and had actually had to nerve to tell me he had left the clinic. I HEARD HIM SAY THIS. After 20 seconds of leaving his office. I have no respect for this doctor and will be changing immediately.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2017

Went to him as a teenager and he refused to give me birth control. Then as I got older he would make me uncomfortable telling me I should have a baby and a family. I was only in my early 20s. It was awkward and innapropriate. When I started addressing my anxiety to him and depression he would basically laugh at me and push me out the door. It took me maybe 5 years for him to finally stop laughing at me and treating me like an idiot and get me help. Also on numerous occasions he would prescribe me a medication, id go back for more and he would LIE and say he never prescribed me it. When I had a BOTTLE with HIS NAME on it saying he did. I found a new doctor who has finally helped me. Thanks to chehimi he pushed me out the door untill I almost snapped. Now I've been diagnosed with multiple mental illnesses which is great to have answers but i shouldn't be finding these only at age 25. This man was brutal.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2016

I saw Dr. chehimi once and felt that he was dismissive and lacked empathy. He was the only doctor with appointments available today, so I will go to a Medicentre instead. It's a shame that information from this visit won't be entered on my file.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2016

It's not surprise that when I call, he is the only doctor with openings, regardless of day or time. I have seen him a couple of times and have walked away very dissatisfied. The 1st time was after I had my baby. I knew I had mastitis. He didn't believe me and was very patronizing. By evening, I was feverish and very ill. The 2nd time, I has strep throat. He was very incompetent swabbing my throat and even grew impatient with me because he couldn't see down my throat even though he was practically on top of me. The swab came back positive for strep. The form also indicated to not use a certain antibiotic because it wasn't strong enough. So what does he do??? He prescribes the wrong medication. I got better but once I was done the antibiotics. the strep returned days later! I had to go on antibiotics a 2nd time. Never again. So incompetent, uncaring and lacks knowledge. I gave him a 3 for punctuality because he isn't as busy as the other physicians. Hmmm, I wonder why . . . .

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016

One uncaring doctor! Super-quick to refer to specialists, doesn't answer questions at all once that's done. No support for mental health issues- none. A clearing house for medication that the best I can say about him. The worst can't be shared in public.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

I've had to beg to get MRI's done and referrals to surgeons as the good doctor seems reluctant to do so. In fact the old joke "doctor it hurts when I do this...then don't do that" was actually played out in one visit. The staff does such a poor job making the arrangements after the fact that I've had to endure close to a year of needless pain because they "forgot" to schedule an MRI or follow up on the requests. Do yourself a favour and avoid this doctor.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2014

He is a hack, he is clueless to how a patient feels.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2013