Ratings for Dr. Mark Horsley

Mark Horsley bullied me when I was an intern and memories like that don't fade. He was sarcastic, withering and contemptible.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2017

Dr Horsley is an amazing and lovely Doctor. Always very generous with his time and knowledge. I have never walked out of his office without having either all of my questions answered; or a follow up in place. I even insisted my mum went to him when she needed an Ortho.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2017

A mixed review for this doctor, mainly for one reason. I fractured my ankle in Berlin, 14 months ago (Weber C fracture), requiring open redcuction internal fixation surgery. 1 syndesmotic scr_w (apparently can't type the entire word here) through the fibula and the tibia and 7 smaller scr_ws and a titanium plate onto my fibula. The syndesmotic scr_w was removed in Berlin 6 weeks after the fracture and it was handed to me (all cleaned up and in a plastic tube) as a 'souvenier'. I was advised to have the remaining metalware removed 12 months after the initial urgery, as this would greatly improve my condition, even if no symptoms persisted. I enjoyed my one initial consultation with Dr. Horsley and arranged for surgery in the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital. Lots of pre-op examinations and then the bad news from Doctor Horsley. I would not be permitted to take the metalware home with me after it had been removed. This part was that important to me that I cancelled the operation. I contacted the NSW Department of Health, who advised that all I required was a template release form to be signed by the doctor and the screws and plate could be released. I presented Dr. Horsley with this news, but he insisted on his stance. No further advice was given and I have yet to receive even a single day of physiotherapy for my ongoing condition. Having served as a paramedic for 15 years and never been a patient myself, this has now greatly shaken my view of the local health system. I am heading overseas now to have this operation conducted and have withdrawn my offer to locally donate organs or blood, as indeed, I don't want to compromise anyone with potentially infected tissues.

Submitted December 8, 2016

Brilliant, highly reccomended surgeon based at RPA

flag | Submitted February 1, 2013