Ratings for Dr. Shivani J. Narasimhan

So dismissive and disrespectful. Very rude. No empathy at all. Do not recommend.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

Annapolis Endocrinologists cashed my check but did not credit it to my account. I wrote multiple detailed emails to try to get it resolved. They still did not credit it to the account. They had the gall to turn it over to a collection agency. When he contacted me, he was aghast that they were giving him bogus collections and dismissed it. So, a collection agency was more ethical than a physician's PA!

flag | Submitted March 8, 2015

Dr Narasimhan is very understanding and she is very concerned about her patients. She does everything! Excellent doctor!

flag | Submitted August 14, 2013

Rudeness rules at the front office, wait time is at the least 40-50mins if not more. Doctor seems to be short on time. She is not a bad Dr. but not a good enough for my time and money especially with my condition. Look elsewhere for better service.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2012

I am a physician and I can guanranty you not many endocrinologist can treat Diabetes like her. I refer all my diabetics to her and she corrects them in just a few weeks. If you priority is to stay healthy then see her. If your priority is to sit for only 5 mins before being seen then go elsewhere and stay sick.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2011

NOTE: Double-posting. The one comment right below this one is mine but ignore that last one and use this instead: Knowledgeable: May be Biggest Issue: Wait time is a BIG issue Dr.'s attitude: 1) Perscription: The only other comment on this board said she made you come in for an appointment. This is true. 2) Wait Time: Average wait based on my experience: 40+ mins 3) Staff's Attitude: Lets just say not very good. Others (on other sites) have indicated that the staff was rude. I say they are just cold and dismissive of your concern. Agreed! but did not experience define rude behaviour :) 4) Dr. : I think she knows her stuff but comes across as either dismissive of your concerns or always in a hurry (talks fast and wants to move to the next point pronto). Overall: Will not go back. I am trying to find another DR. My thyroid condition is not going away & I need to build a long term relation with a doctor that I can be comfortable and feel easy to approach. It is not Dr. Narasimhan :(

flag | Submitted August 9, 2010

You will NEVER be seen on time; My average time wait 40mins. I was there 15mins ahead of my scheduled time. I waited 40 mins past my appointment time. I reached out to the front desk and they said she would be another 10 mins. This is an occurrence. Either she is very busy/popular and has too many patients or simply could not care about anyone else's time. Not going back.. This is the THIRD time in a row ever since I started keeping tabs on the amount of weight.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2010

I have seen her twice. The first time was a couple years back, she listened and gave me information. I really liked her. I just saw her again and I had just seen Pharmaceutical Reps enter the office with lunch for the staff. She ran in and ran out of the office. She gave me a hard time when I tried to ask questions and then told me that headaches, weight issues, libido, etc... have nothing to do with hormones. Basicly, in my opinion, it seemed that she was in a hurry to get to lunch. I had to follow her into the hallway to ask questions because she was in such a hurry. She didn't listen and she certainly was blowing me off. I had to wait 4 months for that appointment.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2009

Doctor did not seem very helpful guiding me with type 1 Diabetes problems,she told me to eat a couple peanuts before my BG would go low, and I was going very low,into the 30's. I agree she is nice,but I never trusted her to go back a 2nd time.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2008

i'm diabetic and hypothyroid... i've fired a LOT of endocrinologists. dr. narasimhan actually LISTENS, and is sympathetic without being a pushover. she could be a bit more thorough, but if you're an educated patient? she's excellent

flag | Submitted September 8, 2006

Dr. Shivani J. Narasimhan's Credentials

• Hahnemann University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)

Top Hospitals in Annapolis, MD