Ratings for Dr. Kim Ullyatt

Dr. Ullyatt was my psychiatrist for a bit. I came to see her because I needed a med change because my body had gotten used to the ones I was on and were no longer as effective as they needed to be. She looked at my diagnosis' and pharscribed me some new meds, to make a long story short she had gave me meds where the dosages were too high and they made me very angry and agreesive. I had never been given doses higher then I can handle by any doctor or psychiatrist in my experience of getting help for my mental health problems except Dr. Ullyatt. Also it was a commute to go see Dr. Ullyatt and someone I knew was seeing her but via skype so I suggested doing that and she refused to do it even though to see her in person is very hard due to the amount of patients she has. If you are going to help someone and give them different medications you need to see the progression of what is happening to the person you gave those meds to and you can't wait 6 months until you see them to find out. I stopped seeing her and had a very bad experience with her. For anyone who had a good experience with her I'm happy you got the answers you needed and the help you needed.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2017

Overall great caring and supportive Doctor. Would prefer to be prescribed with less meds however with such a roller coaster ride the meds were needed and her support on finding the right ones has been great. Great personality and great support staff.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2017

Hope to file a complaint or sue this lady. Wrong diganoisis horrible service very unprofessional malpractice for me. Started out as an aveage Dr. Quickly learned she did not do what was best for me!! But those 800 shots she put me on looked great to big pharma. All i can say is i hope to see her out of practice.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2017

Dr. Ullyatt makes you feel as though your life is important. She makes sure you're well enough to leave the hospital and while you're in there, there's nothing she would not do for you. I absolutely loved her as a psychiatrist! Unfortunately I am with Dr Power now.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2017

EXCELLENT AND DEDICATED PSYCHIATRIST ..SEND HER BACK TO SOUTH AFRICA PLEASE

flag | Submitted December 15, 2014

She is an excellent physician. She treated me with respect and dignity. She knows her profession well. I agree totally with the nurses comments. Treating mental illness is indeed difficult. She kept me totally informed as we worked together to restore my health. I have a doctorate degree in another profession that relies on forensic testimony. She knows her medicine. The problem with all psychiatrists in western Newfoundland is there simply not enough to serve the population. We need more psychiatrists like her and Dr. Power. Listen closely to what this woman tells you and your health will be restored. Personally, I believe ECT or insulin induced shock are reserved as a last resort. Some patients beg foe ECT when nothing else works. It should be used only with the informed consent of the patient. She is excellent at what she does.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2014

I feel Dr Ullyatt does have a bubbly personality at times as was mentioned in another comment. I personally disagree with the use of psych meds. Another comment made was that chemo drugs and cardiac drugs have terrible side effects too, well my thoughts on that are that psych meds are all proven to cause cancer and cardiac damage. It is my opinion that prevention is the best medicine along with healthy food and surrounding yourself with loving compassionate caring individuals. EMPATHETIC THERAPY is something I strongly recommend.If these things are lacking in your life then how can anything else get better? Depression, anxiety or other mental issues certainly wont.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2014

Dr. Kim Ullyatt is NOT my Doctor but I have spoken with her on various occasions. I WOULD recommend her to anyone who wants a Psychiatrist with a good ethic and an awesome uplifting personality. She is easy to talk with and though she "administers" ECT, which I do NOT agree with or support, she is a good Doctor. I have had people tell me positive things about her care. With the knowledge, information and relations that I have had concerning Dr. Kim Ullyatt, I WOULD tell people I know and care about to try to get her services. She is a new Psychiatrist here in Canada and so is perhaps not as well known as the other staff Psychiatrists at Western Memorial Regional Hospital in Corner Brook. No one is perfect but I believe if you are seeking a caring, realistic and open minded Doctor, Dr. Kim Ullyatt would be a good option.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2014

I finally had my appointment with Dr. Ullyatt yesterday, & I have to say, I was completely blown away. I am so thankful that she took me on as a patient. She is so kind and understanding, and after seeing so many doctors who have such little respect for patients with mental illnesses as well as physical illnesses, she said to me today, "I will respect you". Those 4 words mean the world to me. NO doctor has ever said that to me, and it actually brought happy tears to my eyes. She was able to have me smiling from the moment I seen her till the time I left, at a time when my depression and anxiety has been at an all time high. She seems very knowledgable and seems willing to help any way she can. She said she won't make me talk about issues in my past/present, that she is mainly there to help me with medications or other way that can help, and that I have a good psychologist to talk to, but if I want or need to share she is there to listen. Great doctor and look forward to feeling better.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2013

To everyone out there who is considering to have electroshock therapy or take psych meds id like to encourage you to check out Psychiatrist Dr. Peter Breggins books, websites and pod casts,he is a Harvard trained psychiatrist who believes in giving his patients therapy and he is strongly against the use of toxic psych meds and ect.Most psychiatrists including Dr. Ullyatt could learn alot from him,and any patient of his is truely blessed.Dr. peter Breggin testifies in many cases most of which are settled out of court,defending psych patients who are under the influence of psych meds who commit crimes that are out of character because the psych meds drove them to do it.One such case happened in winnepeg a 16 yr old on paxil knifed a friend to death and Dr Peter Breggin testified that it was more than likely the paxil that cause his actions and the young boy won his case.Psych meds have all been proven to cause the very same things they claim to fix,pls dont take them!!!!!

flag | Submitted February 10, 2013