Ratings for Dr. Joseph L. Lillo

I have been w Dr. Lillo for 22+ years. I willingly pay out of pocket thanks to Flex Card...

flag | Submitted May 17, 2017

Scottsdale Family Health on Osborne is among the worst medical offices in all of AZ. The general office and reception staff are the rudest and most unhelpful medical professionals I have every met. It shows in their attitude and manners that they do not care about their patients and they are not there to help you. The office has policies that make it near impossible to obtain hand written prescriptions in time for you to get a refill before running out of medication. They have no phone answering or messaging service so you are not able to call or leave a message before 8:00 AM or after 4:30 PM (Many times I called right at 8:00 and up to 10 minutes after and they still did not turn on their phones.) If you need a hand written prescription you must call and leave a message because you cannot contact the doctors assistants directly, you also must call between 8:00AM and 4:30PM or else you are not able to leave a message. If you do leave a message for a prescription it takes 48hrs to get it written. Example: I have a controlled substance prescription that requires a hand written script every 30 days, I also must go into the office to pick it up as they will not mail or send to a pharmacy (that is Federal Law.) You are also not allowed to ask for a new script more than 72 hours prior to you next available fill date (i think this is also federal law.) So on Saturday I am 72 hours from my next available refill, however I am not allowed to call my doctor because they do not care about the patients enough to have a answering machine. So I must wait until Monday to call to ask for a new prescription but I will not be able to pick it up for another 48 hours. I arrived to the office 2 days later and they still have not written my prescription and the doctor and the assistant are out on their normal 1 hour and 30 minute lunch (hmm must be nice.) The staff was incredibly rude and totally unhelpful, every time I tell them what my prescription is (I have been taking for more than 8 years) they look at me and treat me like I am a criminal. I have no history of drug abuse, no convictions or trouble with law enforcement, and have never show signs of illicit behavior. This was the straw that broke the camel's back and I will be taking my business elsewhere. At one point I broke a finger and asked for a pain med that was stronger than the Ibuprofen that was prescribed, Dr Lillo's response was "I don't think we should be prescribing that kind of stuff to someone like you." While at first I generally had pleasant experiences with Dr Lillo and his assistant those quality visits became far and few in between over this last year and it became more and more difficult to obtain a new script each month. Dr Lillo became stand-offish and would dismiss my complaints or questions about pain in my hip without looking further into the situation, he would just crack my back and tell me I would be fine. Dr Lillo I am not fine and am in pain, I told you this many times and you continue to ignore my concerns 3 visits in a row. Please do not make the mistake of making Scottsdale Family Health you service provider.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

Very interested in patient's well being. I have been very happy with him! Staff has been excellent!

flag | Submitted December 29, 2016

Dr Lillo is a very caring doctor . I've been to many and he is the best. always on time. His nurse is wonderful qne the best blood taker.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2016

Dr. Lillo is an excellent physician. His staff, however, is probably the poorest I've encounterd in a physician's office. Staff members shout at patients, find something--anything--to do in efforts to avoid receiving and dealing with patients. I've given Doctor lIllo a low rating because if your ailment is aggravated prior to actually being seen, all the other qualities are downgraded also. I switched doctors, but it is interesting to note that others share my opinion.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

My concern: Dr. Lillo's office--as with many others--leaves nothing to chance when it comes to collecting fees. However, so far as staff is concerned--anything goes. My comments are being made having visited Dr. Lillo's office for a period exceeding 5 years. Staff is free to pick an choose which patient gets prompt and courteous attention, which patient does not. (Please note --below--the disparities in treatment patients have received in the past, thus providing powerful evidence that the staff chooses to be selectively rude when dealing with patients.) This means when a staff member is clearly insulting or rude, there is--as compared to patient billing--no one to turn to and/or a manager who feels that questions related to professional staff reflects on him personally; actually it does. In short, the staff service at Dr. Lillo's office is way, way below what is expected while visiting a professional office, thereby, reflecting negatively on the total experience.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2015

Dr Lillo and the staff have been fantastic to work with. The staff is very helpfull and polite and Dr. Lillo is an amazing Dr. with a great bedside manner.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2014

Dr. Lillo has been my doctor since the day I was born. My father still tells me the story now and again how when I was a baby I basically died in Dr. Lillos office and this amazing Dr drove with my father to the hospital while using his fingers to keep my airway open and saving my life. He has helped me time and time again with medical issues and really does care about patients. I'm 34 now and owe this man my life time and time again. Thanks Dr. Lillo!

flag | Submitted October 21, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Lillo for at least 30 years. He is THE BEST.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2014

Dr. Lillo diagnosed me a diabetic with cholesterol issues, that several MD's missed. The lab values he looked at were only ones that a Board Certified Lipidologist would consider. Being a 60 year old woman that has not had heart issues, I am so grateful I found him! No more headaches and I don't feel so OLD! Thanks DOC!

flag | Submitted August 10, 2014

Dr. Joseph L. Lillo's Credentials

• Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1979)