Ratings for Dr. Byron Hyde

People that are impatient will never be happy.Dr. Hyde is the best Doctor in Ottawa he has helped thousands of people if you have Patience some diagnosis are are hard to do especially when the patients can be irrational of their expectations. Dr.Hyde deserves a Govern General award he saved my life.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2017

Dr Hyde was my family physician growing up in the 1960's. I loved his approach. He was always extremely kind and patient with everyone. I was lucky to also visit with him in the 1990's when he wasn't as readily available due to his research projects. That 45 minute visit may have saved my life! Thank you! As someone born and raised in the Ottawa area I think we were truly blessed to have had him as our family doctor! FIVE STARS!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2015

A wonderful doctor, thorough diagnostician, and a very nice person.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2015

The best doctor I have ever seen. Caring, thorough, understanding, kind, resourceful, smart, a skilled diagnostician. I thank God I found Dr. Hyde.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2014

When I first went to Dr. Hyde, I was a mess. I was basically over medicated, in extreme pain and basically on a ventilator, bed ridden for the last 2 1/2 years. He helped me out so much that I was able to come off the majority of the meds I was on, stop using the ventilator and I can now function a bit more normally (not bed ridden anymore). Yes, I still have pain, but it is manageable. I think he saved my life! He is an amazing detective, a kind man, and I am grateful he took my case!

flag | Submitted January 14, 2014

If you have complex health issues and want to be treated with respect, empathy, and have a doctor that actually takes the time to listen to you and work WITH YOU in order to find out what's going on in your body and seek solutions, then it really doesn't get any better than this! He has amazing resources, contacts, clinical knowledge, takes his patients very seriously, and makes you feel like you matter as an individual. He'll often call you back personally to discuss new results and findings. He has a realistic and humble approach to medicine, acknowledging that we do not yet know everything and that, if he can't find the answers, it doesn't mean that the problem doesn't exist. Thanks to him, I finally know where a great deal of my symptoms come from, which has been of tremendous help in adjusting my treatments and adapting to my condition. And we're not even done investigating yet! He may not be the most punctual, but takes so much time with each patient that it doesn't matter to me.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2013

What a waste of money! All this guy did is tell me about how wonderful and how smart he is but offered me no useful suggestions or solutions. I really wonder if this guy graduated from medical school. I might as well have flushed my money down the toilet. QUACK!

flag | Submitted January 11, 2013