Ratings for Dr. Liliana Monti

I have been working with Dr Monti for a significant amount of time and I have nothing but good things to say about my experience. I left the city for a few years and as such left treatment, however; when I returned I contacted the office. After such time I did need a doctors referral. That is standard practise and perfectly acceptable. Dr. Monti is a compassionate and empathetic therapist that has helped me significantly throughout the years. She has always been reliable, she is consistent and I have never had an issue getting in touch with her or getting return calls. My appointments start and end when they should, I have never been made to wait at the office. She is punctual and yes, if you miss an appointment there may be a charge which honestly there should be. The charge is not related to cancelling an appointment, it’s when you either don’t show up or cancel at the last minute. I think this is appropriate as it impacts other patients who may need that time. I feel Dr. Monti truly cares about her patients. She is thoughtful, funny and always makes me think. I can honestly say every time I leave a session with her I feel supported. She does not judge, she has never made me feel shameful or disregarded no matter what I tell her. She has years of experience and it shows. She is up to date on current therapies and knows what she is talking about. Dr. Monti has been a wonderful support for me and I really don’t know what I would have done if I had not have found a psychiatrist such as her. I have worked with others and no, they were not of the same caliber. I see her weekly for individual sessions however she does offer family sessions as well as couples. I trust Dr. Monti. She has helped me considerably and I would highly recommend her. If there is a wait list I suggest waiting as she really is a supportive, unbiased, reliable therapist anyone would be lucky enough to work with. Thank you Dr. Monti.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2018

She is caring compassionate and knowledgeable especially in regards to abuse issues. She has seen me through many difficult situations. Thank you so much Dr. Monti.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2018

I agree with the previous post left here. I've too have had trouble and was desperate to see her but as it had been over a year, she needed a doctor's referral. And this is despite seeing her off and on for over 8 years. She is also very particular about you being on time. Once I was about 5 minutes late because of traffic and she was annoyed with me. I was upset by that. It was at a particular point in my life where I was doubting myself and she only made it worse. She is also very difficult to reach by phone. You have to leave a message but you're not even sure if she is in the office or not. I don't think she works 5 days a week but I don't know what days she does work. I continue to see her because it seems a pain to look for someone else after having a history with her but I would not recommend her to anyone looking for a new doctor. Other than medication she can prescribe, I don't find her helpful at all. I'm considering looking for someone else.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

I have seen Dr. Monti for 3 different periods of about a year over the course of 12 years. Her rule is that if you haven't seen her in a year, she requires another doctor's referral. Recently, I became overwhelmed by self doubt, depression and fear that I was not going to be able to continue holding it together at work. Although it had been 2 years since I'd seen Dr. Monti, in a desperate attempt to get some help I called and left a message asking if she would consider seeing me without a referral. It's been a week now and she hasn't even called back. I've been unable to get a referral as my regular doctor was on vacation for the week. Luckily I was able to find a counsellor to talk to to take off some of the strain. But I was so shocked and hurt that Dr. Monti didn't even call back. If someone is feeling low already, to have a doctor who is trained in mental health issues not even call you back to consider whether you are really in trouble or not was shocking and hurtful and in some cases may even result in someone doing harm to themselves. I don't understand why a referral is so important to a doctor that has seen you over a span of 12 years. All I can say is that she doesn't care about her patients and if you can find someone else, do so.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2015