Ratings for Dr. Liliana Monti

I agree with the previous post left here. I've too have had trouble and was desperate to see her but as it had been over a year, she needed a doctor's referral. And this is despite seeing her off and on for over 8 years. She is also very particular about you being on time. Once I was about 5 minutes late because of traffic and she was annoyed with me. I was upset by that. It was at a particular point in my life where I was doubting myself and she only made it worse. She is also very difficult to reach by phone. You have to leave a message but you're not even sure if she is in the office or not. I don't think she works 5 days a week but I don't know what days she does work. I continue to see her because it seems a pain to look for someone else after having a history with her but I would not recommend her to anyone looking for a new doctor. Other than medication she can prescribe, I don't find her helpful at all. I'm considering looking for someone else.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

I have seen Dr. Monti for 3 different periods of about a year over the course of 12 years. Her rule is that if you haven't seen her in a year, she requires another doctor's referral. Recently, I became overwhelmed by self doubt, depression and fear that I was not going to be able to continue holding it together at work. Although it had been 2 years since I'd seen Dr. Monti, in a desperate attempt to get some help I called and left a message asking if she would consider seeing me without a referral. It's been a week now and she hasn't even called back. I've been unable to get a referral as my regular doctor was on vacation for the week. Luckily I was able to find a counsellor to talk to to take off some of the strain. But I was so shocked and hurt that Dr. Monti didn't even call back. If someone is feeling low already, to have a doctor who is trained in mental health issues not even call you back to consider whether you are really in trouble or not was shocking and hurtful and in some cases may even result in someone doing harm to themselves. I don't understand why a referral is so important to a doctor that has seen you over a span of 12 years. All I can say is that she doesn't care about her patients and if you can find someone else, do so.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2015