Ratings for Dr. Monte R. Swarup

flag | Submitted June 17, 2014

Dr. Swarup is an excellent doctor. His expertise is impressive and has been very helpful to me. However, Dr. Swarup has helped me more because of who he is, rather than what he is. Dr. Swarup is the perfect balance of kindness, compassion and "matter of factness". He is honest and empathetic. I am thoroughly impressed with his intelligence as well as his character. Thank you for making the effort to maintain who you are, in a line of work that will identify you only for what you do.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Swarup for six years and have had two pregnancies under his care while another Dr. in the practice actually delivered my beautiful daughters. I've found him to be pleasant and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2011

Was ok'd to attempt a VBAC delivery by another doctor in the practice. Went into labor on my own and after only 6 hours of labor Dr. Swarup deemed it stalled. Had dilated to a 7 (he told me that) and nurse confirmed after an hour of waiting that I was an 8. Dr Swarup said I had NO change and scared my family into a repeat c-section. During surgery he claimed I had a "window" in my uterus. No mention of that in my operative report and notes claim I only dilated to a 6! My sister attempted a VBAC with him a year and a half later. Our family caught him telling her nurse to "get her to do the surgery already." When she did finally consent to a repeat c-section he tore her cervix during the surgery.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2010

I was a patient of another ObGyn in this practice however, Dr. Swarup was on call for my delivery. I ended up having a C-section because my son was in distress. I was very upset but Dr. Swarup was very informative, reassuring, and to the point. He made several suggestions during my labor and was very understanding when my husband and I took time to think them over (as in hours). He did not push me into a decision and that was wonderful. I was not scared or apprehensive when I finally did agree to the surgery. He did a wonderful job with my C-section and the incision is almost invisible (he used DermaBond). I have continued to see him for my postpartum treatment. He has a great sense of humor as well! The only drawback is that he is very pro-epidural. I did not have it until I knew I had to have the C-Section. I will recommend him to those who need Gynocological and Ob services.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2009

I have had two children delivered by Dr. Swarup and would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2007

Have gone to him for all three of my children. Always helpful and listened to all my concerns. Great doctor and always informative. Always showed concern over things and was thorough.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2006

Dr. Swarup was extremely helpful and cautious even when I was less concerned. He listened tomy questions and was always able toanswer them confidently and knowledgably. He has delivered two of my children and i recommend him to all of my friends.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2006

Didn't listen to concerns. Didn't look at history of gestational diabetas. He continued to shrug me off whenever I pointed out my significant weight gain. Baby was under high stress due to this and could have died. He went to ICU straight after birth for a few days. Body underwent major stress during pregnancy and is still recovering 1yr later. Didn't answer most of my questions, he treated me as if I was unimportant and I would be sent home without answers.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2006

Dr. Monte R. Swarup's Credentials

• Hindi

• University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)

MSP/BC Med