Ratings for Dr. Caroline Chang

Very knowledgeable and thorough. There are good doctors and bad doctors. Dr. Chang is one of the good doctors. I would not go to any other dermatologist for any of my skin needs.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2017

I recently became a patient of Dr. Chang to treat my skin issues. She was thorough in my exam and spent the time to explain what I need to be looking out for to prevent skin cancer. I have a history of skin cancer in my family and it is so important to be with a doctor that knows what she is doing. What I liked best about Dr. Chang is that she is direct and to the point. She set me at ease with her knowledge and I completely trust her decisions. I have recommended her to my entire family and several friends. She is a great dermatologist A+

flag | Submitted April 3, 2017

I don't know if Dr. Chang had a bad day but she was rude, mean, and condescending . She did not answer any of my questions.

Submitted July 18, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Chang for the past two years. She is one of the best dermatologists around. I have been to many other dermatologists in the past and have a lot of experience with this due to my skin condition. Dr. Chang is very direct with what she says, which might be construed as dismissive, but she is definitely not dismissive.she has always taken the time to set me at ease and relieve my anxiety about my skin. Sometimes there is not always a quick fix for skin problem and that can be frustratingfor people but Dr. Chang will always tell you straight out what she thinks – and she's usually right! Take it from me, finding a doctor who fits your personality can be difficult but since I found Dr. Chang I'm sticking with her.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2015

Dr Chang was not helpful when I went to my follow up visit. I told her that the dry skin i had did not clear up in using the ointment she prescribed. She said it could be environmental. When i asked what it was and what to do next, she said I have to be a detective eliminating things to try to figure what's causing it. She wanted me to try to figure it out, this isn't usually why you go to a dr. . Very dismissive

Submitted January 17, 2015

I found Dr. Chang rude and condescending. I dread having to see her again. I am looking for another dermatologist.

Submitted November 26, 2014

I had a very good experience with Dr. Chang. In addition to addressing my specific concern, she offered to give me a skin cancer screening and found a skin cancer on my back that I never knew was there! I was very pleased with my experience and will definitely return for my follow up skin cancer screenings.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2014

I was nervous about going to her after seeing poor ratings on the web- especially the "rude and dismissive" comment on this site. I did not find her to be that way at all- she was very nice, as was her assistant. I was concerned about a rash I've had for a long, long time- she told me what she thought it was, but was then completely open to my theory about it too. She said the location was atypical for what I think it could be, but that people aren't textbooks so we could definitely explore it further. So, the complete opposite of dismissive, I'd say.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2014

I feel the same way about Dr. Chang as the person who commented about her on August 2013. I am having some skin problems and really do not want to go back to her. But because it is so difficult to get a dermatologist, my choice is to go back or start calling around to find someone who will see new patients and then waiting for months. So I am going back. It is difficult. She is so rude and dismissive. I am dreading my appointment.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2014

Young but knowledgeable. Very pleasant. I was concerned about an asymmetrical mole. She put my mind at ease & explained clearly why this mole was not an issue. Nice bedside manner.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2013

Dr. Caroline Chang's Credentials

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2008)