Ratings for Dr. Michael A. Lauto

This Dr. and his wife were very disrespectful to my elderly in-laws and to my family. We wanted their records sent to another doctor and they held the records hostage until they got paid which seems to be all they wanted in the first place. We were made to wait for hours for appointments made months in advance and not given the courtesy of a phone call to say they are running hrs behind.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

Receptionist/office manager is extremely rude to patients, especially the elderly. They are unwilling to even give out office fax number. You never see the doctor at your appointed time and the average total stay in this office is over one and a half hours. Doctor will not send a refill of your prescription to your pharmacy unless you come in for an office visit. Doesn't take all insurance plans.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2015

Office staff unwilling to give basic information i.e. fax number which was needed by another Doctor's office.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2012

I spent a total of three hours in his office. Since it was my first time there, my medical history took quite sometime going over, but I waited in his office over an hour before we even went over it. Having said that, He was referred by a friend, for "knowing his stuff" and he CERTAINLY does. He found spots of pain on my buttocks, shoulder and even ribs that I hadn't even realized existed. He spent about an hour with me, manipulating my body and making those painful spots DISAPPEAR! When I walked out of the office, I thought, WOW...this is what it feels like to be pain free? I never knew! And I never knew I didn't know! If you can tolerate the wait time, (after all, he takes his time with you when you do see him), then he is FABULOUS! He fully explained EVERYTHING to me, so I now know why certain spots on my body "act up," and I am actually looking forward to him manipulating my body again. Thank you, Dr. Lauto, for your attention!

flag | Submitted August 19, 2011

Although there usually is a wait, it is always worth it. The OMT I receive are always helpful and I walk out pain free! Lots of care taken in all aspects.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2011

flag | Submitted April 2, 2011

the staff is very friendly as Dr. Lauto. the wait period is between 10 to 15 minutes. i have been seeing Dr. lauto since moving to Medford 11 years ago. He has been very helpful and fully knowledgeable. I would recommend him fully. He treats me for type to diabetes that he discovered i had. Bob G

flag | Submitted May 31, 2010

Dr Lauto was extremely helpful and extremely thorough with tests and trying to find my problems. He spent a lot of time with me during each office visit. My previous Doctors office was like a factory in and out in 5 minutes. Use another Dr.if your looking for a quick prescription but if you need attentive and thorough care I would highly recomend Dr Lauto.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2010

This Dr. won't even call an asprin into the pharmacy without demanding a visit. Sounds pretty hard up for the money to me. Very arrogent, and non caring.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2009

When I lost my glucometer, I called Dr. Lautos office and asked if he would please call the pharmacy and give a verbal prescription. At the time I was receiving treatment at home for an infection and glucose monitoring was essential to my care. Dr. Lauto would not give me a prescription until I saw him in two weeks. His receptionist told me that he said he "would have to see you first". FOR A GLUCOMETER PRESCRIPTION TO TEST MY BLOOD GLUCOSE LEVELS!! He also told me that even though I am a diabetic I don't need to see an endocrinologist. On top of that he seemed to know very little about diabetes and would argue that any information I brought to his attention was innacurate. His attitude appears to be "forget all the research you're gathering and just listen to me".

flag | Submitted September 5, 2006

Dr. Michael A. Lauto's Credentials

• Univ Of New England, Coll Of Osteo Med, Biddeford Me 04005 (Grad. 1984)

Amerigroup