Ratings for Dr. George Gertner

Dr. Gertner has helped both my husband and myself over the years. Sometimes we see him more frequently depending on whether we injured ourselves with sports or working around the house. He has helped my husband with his neck & shoulder, and he helped me rid myself of numbness in three of my toes. The NUCCA approach deals with the root of the problem, and once you have followed the prescribed regime, the maintenance afterward is easy and helpful to keep your alignment straight. Dr. Gertner's method was very effective for both of us.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2016

Prior to receiving NUCCA adjustments I had persistent neck discomfort. I have being seeing Dr. Gertner for more than 3 years. So far his treatments were very effective and significantly improve my overall condition, and now I feel much better. Based on my observations during visits Dr. Gertner is helping many patients with various health problems, including cases when traditional treatments did not help. Dr. Gertner successfully practicing NUCCA approach that is working for many people including myself.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2016

I have been Gertner for over a year. I was experiencing ear noise , vertigo & also having lower back problems. Now a year later I do not have vertigo or dizziness , and my back is feeling much better. I am so thankful for friends recommending Dr. Gertner to me. He was a life saver for me. I was going through so much depression with my illness. I recommend anyone with health problems to have a consultation with Dr. Gertner. he has helped out a lot of people.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2016

Careful about buying into his pricey packages. It is a business deal. You get xrays, then explained haow he will fix you and then a contract for multiple visits is placed in front of you..promising to fix you over time with multiple visits required. I was desperate and in pain with little options. I agreed to the upfront payment, which i then received a card to swip when i went to the office, which would deduct my payment from the account. First few visits were fine...but too much of a good thing can be bad. He pushed on the same side of my neck for a month, which i said was starting to hurt. He needed tomswitch sides but did not hear me, just stared at his fancy screen on the wall. Eventually I requested another xray...his technician knew there was a problem....the vertabrae in my neck had been pushed too far over. Gertner should have done alternating sides of my neck, but just had continually done one side and pushed the cervical disc further out of place. So caution..do not over commit your neck to his promises. Know when to stop. Also, he is not a member of the UCC Association. Which one wonders why?

flag | Submitted February 22, 2016

I had a lot of joint pain from my job from tingling in my feet to arthritis in my shoulders. It wasn’t stopping me from doing anything, but it became increasingly uncomfortable. Since coming to Upper Cervical Chiropractic, the tingling in my feet has improved. The numbness is still there, but the pins and needles feelings are gone. The pain across my shoulders has diminished as well. I never expected to have any improvement all, so I’m excited to see how much this will help.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2015

When I first went to Upper Cervical Chiropractic of New York, I had low back pain with pain radiating down both of my thighs. I had tried physical therapy, which helped, but the pain kept coming back. Now, my pain is decreased tremendously. I’m able to perform many more activities of daily living. I have more energy and enthusiasm now too! I’m very grateful to the doctors and staff at Upper Cervical Chiropractic.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2015

This guy runs a money hungry business not a medical office. He is motivated only by money. If you have it , he wants it and he will scare you into signing up for a year's worth of services up front. He told me I had so little disc left that "soon it will be bone on bone and you can imagine the pain you'll be in then". Luckily I didn't take the bait - I chose to pay in 10 visit installments, not the whole year. I went for about six months - nothing! No results. But he kept inviting me to bring a friend to the monthly dinners he sponsors where he pitches his services to new prospects. This guy gives chiropractors a bad name. He is a SHAM. What he does borders on illegal but he's too smooth to get caught. Total waste fo money and time.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2015

I am very surprised how quickly my health has improved. After my first visit I was standing straight. I am now able to walk with my head and body upright. Pain in my neck and lower back is gone most of the time. Dr. Gertner is doing something that works for me. Thanks for what you do. It is Great knowing someone with your skills in this area.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2015

Doc. Gertner is great; the results of the treatment are everything he said it would be - only sooner. After the first visit, I could turn my head completely from side to side and the range of motion returned to almost normal - something I haven't experienced in years. I'm about 4 weeks into my treatment now, after each session there's less stiffness, less pain, greater range of motion.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2015

The care I have received from Dr. Gertner has literally forever changed the outcome of my life. When I first entered Dr. Gertner's office, I was suffering from chronic and debilitating neck, shoulder and back pain. Various professionals had diagnosed my pain as depression, anxiety, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, and/or migraines. I was on about 10 different drugs and, notably, under the care of a different, more mainstream/traditional chiropractor (snap, crackle, pop), a physical therapist, and affording myself weekly massages. I was missing work 2-3 days a week on average and utterly in total despair trying to find a solution. After one week of treatment with Dr. Gertner, my migraines ceased. After a month, I was off ALL of these medications. After two months, I was back to a routine work schedule and loving it. After a year, I was able to handle the strain of a pregnancy, medication-free, and ultimately I had the natural, drug-free birth I had hoped for. Several years later I continue to be under Dr. Gertner's care, but on a maintenance schedule. I am happier and healthier than I have ever been, or ever imagined it was possible for me to be. I now work a rigorous work schedule and care for two young children whenever I am not working... I am go-go-go and feel fantastic. I attribute this life-changing success, 100%, to the care I received at UCCNY. Nothing else worked. This did. And beyond any and all expectations I could have had when I walked through this door. If you want to change your life - to find hope - to heal - to live to your fullest potential, TREAT YOURSELF TO THIS CARE. It will change your life - guaranteed.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2015