Ratings for Dr. Ivana Paz

I'm prone to kidney stones and I had been having bad back pain and decided to go to urgent care, this is where I encountered Dr. Paz. I had a fever of 100.2 and they found blood in my urine. She diagnosed me with a kidney stone and wrote me up a prescription for an antibiotic and a pain killer. She left and a few minutes later she said "I'm not prescribing you any pain medication. You're already on muscle relaxers. Who are the doctors prescribing all these medications to you?" I have one doctor who prescribes all of my medication. She basically insinuated that I was drug seeking and refused me both the antibiotic and painkillers. I didn't care about the painkillers, I wanted the antibiotics to make sure I didn't get worse. She was very rude and didn't help me at all. It made me angry that she insinuated I was searching for drugs. I had a fever and blood in my urine, how can someone fake that? Will never go to her again.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2016

very attentive and trustful doctor. it was great to under her care, unfortunately, she left

flag | Submitted January 15, 2015

I had been feeling horrible for 2 days: coughing like crazy, fever, not wanting to eat, barely able to move. My family urged me to see a doctor. I finally scheduled an appointment with short notice. Never had Dr. Paz before but assumed she would be decent. I was completely wrong. Their own equipment found I had a high fever of 101 and a resting heart rate of 139. I could barely breathe out to do the lung capacity test. With that information plus my inability to speak to due a persistent and overwhelming cough, she told me I would be fine. Based on no blood test, cultures, or x-rays, she said it was "viral". She said all I needed to do was drink lots of fluids and gargle with salt water. The next day I was feeling even worse. Called and left a message for her to call me back. She never did. Saw another doctor who said she did not write a single note about my appointment on my chart. Luckily that doctor actually ran tests and found out I had pneumonia! If I had listened to Dr. Paz, I would have died. Stay away from her.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014

By far the absolute rudest doctor I have ever been to. I'm stunned they have someone as careless, unprofessional and unknowledgable as her.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2014

This visit was a waste of my time and a copay. I went in for a sinus infection and back pain. I'm 38 years old and not a stranger to sinus infections - at this point in my life, I know the difference between a cold and a sinus infection, especially when my cold won't go away after 2.5 weeks. Dr Paz totally dismissed my symptoms, suggested I drink tea with organic honey. She suggested it might just be allergies and when I told her I visited my allergist last week and I don't have seasonal allergies that are present at this time of year, she said "allergy tests don't show what we're actually allergic to". She then went on to tell me how she'd done experiments on herself that had shown that colds go away from time more than antibiotics. She finally begrudgingly prescribed antibiotics, but then said "don't call me if you get a yeast infection" when I mentioned that I'm prone to them. I also came in for back pain - muscle pain, but severe enough that I couldn't move my back without substantial pain. She completely brushed this off, and suggested that I go for a run. Again, she told me that she experimented on herself and found that running cured all pain. She also asked if I had a history of depression, insinuating that I was making the whole thing up because I was depressed. Frankly, I'm amazed that CMP has a doctor of this low quality on staff. She doesn't even know the current scientific recommendations and is pushing off pseudoscience as actual medicine. She needs to have her license revoked.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2014

Beautiful, rude, arrogant, very argumentative, and insulting. Did not wish to hear medical history, previous treatments or current complications. Very defensive. Curled her lip and made faces at me! Insinuated I was lying - as if I couldn't possibly know my own medical issues. I have a very high IQ + extensive education. She assumed I was an idiot. I had to argue for treatment! Googled her. She was not board certified, graduated from a less than stellar Caribbean med school (not accredited by the US) and did a rotation in a low rated hospital in York. Knowledgeable and friendly? Not when I saw her.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2014

I went to Dr. Paz looking for a new general doctor, and I have been going to the overall company for years. She pretty much treated me like an idiot. She decided to harp on some extra weight I put on, inform me how easy it was for her to lose extra weight when she had to, and tried to hustle out while I was trying to bring up other issues. I had to almost drag her back in the room to ask her about other problems that she just brushed off. When my blood work came back I never got a call, had to call her, and was told basic information, nothing detailed (nothing more than what is emailed to you), and the information came from a nurse and not the Dr herself. It never gave me a chance to ask about some questionable data, and she spewed out textbook generic suggestions. I was told bluntly over the phone to eat less and exercise ( I track my calories and exercise heavily 4-5 days a week, all of which was discussed). If you just need someone with a valid signature, go to her, other wise find someone else. Also it is impossible to get through to a receptionist without at least a 5 minute hold period.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2014

This woman was HORRID. I went in to document back pain for a breast reduction and she berated me, accused me of being a drug-seeking addict, lectured me on the dangers of abusing narcotics, called me lazy for not having a local gym membership, interrogated me about "What I'm really getting at" when I complained of worsening back pain, AND belittled me regarding my breast size and scoffed when I told her what bra size I wear. I left sobbing. She said she wouldn't prescribe muscle relaxants and instead would give me Naprosyn...instead she gave me 8x as much of the muscle relaxant (which she accused me of being addicted to), and even after calling 4 times regarding the Naprosyn, she still refuses to call it in. She's judgmental, and I even had to remind her that the muscle relaxant is NOT an NSAID and therefore wouldn't interact with the Naprosyn. Rude, judgmental, and incompetent to boot.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2014

Will NoT be going back. Do not care for her tone or her rude comments. Does not listen.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2014

I recently switched to this practice and the staff have been very friendly. They just implemented a new check-in system, which is initially burdensome, but the next visit, it's easy as pie. Dr. Paz is knowledgeable, asks good questions and shows concern for my health.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2014