Ratings for Dr. Daryl West

I was a patient of Dr.West for many years before his retirement. Sad to say that his replacement Dr.MacKenzie needs to go back to school. In addition to a complete lack of skill, she was rushed and unprofessional for all three of my recent appointments. I gave her three tries but will not be returning to her!!

flag | Submitted January 28, 2017

Dr. West has retired and has been replaced by a lovely lady dentist! Good job to Gordon the office manager on picking the new dentist at Mic Mac. I was in for a filling with Dr. MacKenzie today and it went really well. It is nice to see a lady in the old boy's club there.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2016

Retired from MicMac Dental. May have been a good doctor in his younger years, but wasn't when I was in his care the past three years. He suggested fixing one of my fillings, as it was starting to decay, and he did so much damage it resulted in a root canal. I was in and out of his office four times over the same tooth for the work he did, trying different filling methods. Always drilling, always the same result. Finally a root canal. He didn't charge me for any of the additional attempts at the filling, which was the only reason I stayed and didn't see a different dentist. Very nice man, but the work was not quality. The staff at MicMac Dental are also very impersonal. I guess that's what you get when you go to a mall for dental work.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2015

Dr. West is totally incompetent. He injected freezing directly into a vein and it went right into my brain! My eyes started rolling around, I became dizzy, weak, and started vomiting violently. He did not apologise, because he can do no wrong. I have a friend who went to see him, and he started drilling the wrong tooth on the wrong side of her mouth. He is too much in love with himself to care for his patients. His secretary is a real nasty, heartless, snob. Go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2013

Communication with Dr. West is limited. Often a long wait between teeth cleaning and check up. Not a fan of his receptionist.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. West for about 25 years. I have nothing but the upmost respect for Dr. West and his staff. Dr West is very knowledgeable, well mannered, sincere and honest. He always presents clear and concise information, including treatment options and recommendations. The staff is friendly and sincere and always makes me feel welcomed. I have family who are also patients of Dr. West. They hold him and his staff in the same regard as I do. I would not hesitate in recommending Dr. West to others.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2013

I read the last rating with complete disbelief! I have been a patient of Dr. West for over 10 years. He is very pleasant,professional and knowledgable. I don`t find that he keeps me waiting any more than any other dentist or medical professional. His staff is pleasant and professional. My (and my whole family) have all had very positive experiences in his clinic. His receptionist may not be everyone`s cup of tea, but she is not rude and has always been very accommodating. I give him top ratings.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2013

Dr. West's secretary is rude! Also after you have your teeth cleaned, you have to wait a long time for the dentist to come in and check your teeth. He never apologies for keeping you waiting either. After your session, dealing with his receptionist is very unpleasant. She looks at you, and treats you like you are way below her. I think she believes she is working for the Prime Minister or something. She is nothing but a very plain, simple country bumpkin with an attitude. If she had any money she would be retired by now, she's about 69 yrs old. Dr. West is old too. Get a younger, more knowledgable , friendlier dentist.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2012