Ratings for Dr. Sonia Chung

Dr Chung is amazing. She is knowledgeable, punctual, and kind. The staff are always friendly and the dental hygienists are so great with the children. My children LOVE going to the dentist. Yes, there are less expensive dentists out there, but you get what you pay for. She is the best out there in my opinion.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

For a pediatric dentist, you would think they would understand the use of strollers. Door has no automatic button for accessibility. Also, have found the services rendered to be sub par of the rate I pay for my child, which is equivalent to the charges of an adult cleaning, but much less involved. Over treatment, too many xrays, and Dr. Chung speaks in her own language. She will say decay, but never say cavity. My own dentist with quantify the cavity - how bad is it, will it reverse on its own (yes they do). Dr. Chung doesn't go to that level. Instead she tells me the worst possible case, talking as if it's inevitable if I don't do all the services she suggests. I find my visits with my child to be fear mongering, all in an effort, in my opinion, to charge for services to pay for their fancy equipment. Hygienists have shifts at reception and one I know has shifts at another pediatric dentist. Does Danforth Children's Dentistry not pay their staff enough? Also, a pediatric with hours from 8-4 is ridiculous. I am forced to remove my child from school and even take days off work for an appointment. Never going back. Only reason I went was my child wasn't old enough to see my dentist. Now my child is old enough and I am so relieved to be done with Dr. Chung. Her credentials might be outstanding but my personal experience at every visit has left something to be desired. I could do without the fancy Christmas cardstock mailed every year and the toy dispensers in the hallway. Just do a better job and pay your staff better. And stop trying to up sell under the guise of doing what's best for my child. Suggesting she give my three year old a drug in the same family as Valium to knock her out so you can repair a cavity doesn't sit well with me. Located on the Danforth near overpriced maternity and baby supply boutiques. You get what you pay for, in a sense.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

As parents of a toddler who is already scared of dentists because of previous experiences, we could not have been more relieved to have found Dr. Chung. Her credentials are absolutely top notch (see her bio on the website) and she is an absolute joy to work with. Extremely knowledgeable, patient, upbeat and empathetic to our little one. The practice is outstanding as well - the moment you walk in you're greeted by a cheery and efficient reception desk. Everything about Danforth Children's Dentistry is highly professional and extremely child-friendly. I cannot recommend this place, or Dr. Chung, enough and wish there were more like her in the GTA.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2016

Very kind and patient. She gave amazing care to my very scared child who had a bad experience with a previous dentist. I can't recommend her enough

flag | Submitted March 18, 2015

Dr. Chung looked after my 4 boys with great care for 3 years. She is a good doctor as well as a wonderful person..thank you Sonia Ahmet

flag | Submitted February 8, 2015