Ratings for Dr. Ian Slayter

I had severe depression accompained by psychogenic pseudo seizures back in 2002. I was extremely suicidal. Dr Slater was a God-send. After being to multiple psychologists with no help, he finally gave me the help I truly needed. He listened to me and helped me come to conclusions on why I felt they way I felt and how to fix it. He took me off all medication to get to the bottom of my seizures and recommended I try getting anything off my chest which was bothering me. I took his advice and after that my seizures had stopped. He was the only therapist I had been too who never put words in my mouth or placed judgement on me for the things I did or decisions I made in the past which contributed to my depression. To this day I am truly grateful for meeting and having Dr. Slater as my psychiatrist, as he helped me find the strength within myself to fight and defeat my depression. Dr. Slater is a true healer. If you are reading this, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!

flag | Submitted April 1, 2018

Dr. Slayter is awesome and I agree, he does know his stuff. It is easier to trust a psychiatrist who does not push drugs, when you think the problems you have are located as much in the mind/spirit as they are in the body and the causes can be emotional as well as chemical. Dr. Slayter seems to know that psychiatry is as much an art as it is a science and since he is a good man the patient knows s/he is respected. Thank you Dr. Slayter for being in Antigonish. Sandra Tomsons

flag | Submitted February 21, 2018

My son took his life in 2011. Dr. Slater was the Director of Psych Services for Capital Health at the time and gave me a 3 hour meeting to talk about what happened with my son after the psychiatrist at the QEII crisis center sent him home with zopiclone (known to enhance suicidal feelings). Dr. Slayter was awesome. AND he really knows his stuff.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2017

Amazing doctor! He listens to what you say and what you need. He is not a big drug pusher when they are not needed. I really trust him so much.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2013