Ratings for Dr. Lauren Essom

She is very compassionate, caring and kind. I like her.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2018

Dr Essom sounded very unsure of her advice. She was fumbling through our consultation and gave the impression she didn't know what she was talking about. Her recommendations were actually against my regular GP's advice.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2018

Such a lovely lady! She made me feel very comfortable and helped me with my many problems. Definitely the best doctors I have ever seen!

Submitted February 26, 2015

Dr Lauren Essom was a very kind and caring person. She striked me as very knowledgable and assisted me in every way she could. Best doctor I have encountered.

Submitted June 2, 2014

Referred for the wrong pregnancy screens twice. I would have thought pregnancy being a well studied and common medical condition that a highly paid professional might be a little more across this process. Left my wife highly distressed, not happy.

Submitted May 26, 2014

Upon presenting to Laurens clinic today suffering from obstructive pneumonia, she refused to see me because I required bulk billing (I am a full time student). I was suffocating in front of her, and she did not care. Worst doctor I have ever encountered! How dare a GP deny duty of care... She needs a new career.

Submitted May 16, 2014

I have visited Dr. Essom a couple of times. I think she is a good doctor with lots of knowledge. She just seems unsure of herself and strikes me a shy and withdrawn person. I think she doesn't make eye contact just because she lacks confidence. A nice enough lady, but sometimes you really have to strain to hear what she is saying because she speaks under her breath. I would visit her again, but I just wish she was a little more assertive.

Submitted May 28, 2013

saw Dr Lauren Essom, she was thorough, caring and attentive, I was quite unwell, but I have to say I was shocked when I got a phone call out of the blue a couple of days later from her to enquire how I was, haven't seen that sort of service since I was a child! excellent!

flag | Submitted May 4, 2013

Seems to be varying reviews, but from my experience Dr Essom was very rude, perfunctory and similar to another post, did not make eye contact or show any empathy in what was a very difficult visit. I felt she wanted to pass judgement and get me out as soon as possible. Will not see her again and am still looking for a decent doctor in Annerley

Submitted April 14, 2013

Dr Essom would have to be one of the best Female Dr's I have seen, she is very thorough and very knowledgeable, I would highly recommend her to any female patient and I also take my son to see her as well, she is a great all round GP.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2013