Ratings for Dr. Cynthia J. Caputo

This Doctor is phenomenal no wondrous. so glad she is my doc.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2014

The first time I was treated by this "dr" was 14 years ago with the birth of my first child. i should have learned then but i i went back a year later for my second pregnancy. with my first pregnancy i started leaking fluid at 25 weeks and she told me it was just baby on my bladder. turns out it was not. i delivered at 35 weeks with a baby that stopped growing in-utero and they were not sure how early she was because of this. the second pregnancy she ignored my high blood pressure and weight gain. then when i asked her to turn my breech baby so i could deliver vaginally she broke my water in the exam room. 6 years later i had no choice but to see because of my insurance and she yelled at me in front of her staff and other patients told me i was ignorant and i had no education and no clue what i was talking about. I would never send anyone to this so called doctor. as a doctor you should never treat your patients like this. i hope some day she learns to treat people better

flag | Submitted June 20, 2011

All I can say is that my heart goes out to all of these girls/women that have posted before me.I myself was a patient/victim of"Dr.Caputo" Her bedside manner WAS horrible,her CARE was horrible.Her ADVICE was horrible. But being 19 and clueless I TRUSTED her(ironically she came highly recommended to me)..That lead to a 37 1/2 week stillborn due to untreated preeclampsia. IF you have a gut feeling something is wrong. RUN....The whole time I KNEW something wasn't right, however she blew me off, made light of me gaining weight and just "couldn't figure out what MY problem was"No words can describe my regret. Especially after all my efforts, that this evil thing IS STILL practicing! Hope this helps. And in light of things..I have had a healthy pregnancy since. Still doesn't change what happened to MY baby, that could be here today! Think about it!

flag | Submitted July 29, 2009

Very concerned and willing to talk at length about my questions. Excellent depth of knowledge. I will refer my friends.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2008

I went to see her for the first time in the spring. She was very rude, short, and made me feel very stupid. She wanted to argue with me over a laproscopy that I had done about 6 years ago - telling me that it I should have had the surgery it was a waste of time. I tried to explain how bad the pain was and that I had received several opinions which all ended with me needing surgery.she told me it was in my head. At the time I was under a lot of stress and I was trying to explain how I felt and she was so rude to me that I was in tears by the time I left the clinic. She told me that I needed to see a therapist and if I was planning on having kids anytime soon it would be a mistake because i had problems. She then gave me a prescription for Xanax and left the room. She is very unprofessional and has no business being in practice.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2008

She did solve the problem I came to her for, but once I was left waiting in a room for 2.5 hours waiting for her. Nobody would tell me anything except that she would be right there. Turns out she was gone delivering a baby. I never waited less than 1 hour to see her for an appointment, and I discovered that she has a terrible temper problem when it comes to dealing with her staff. I appreciated her help with my problem, but wouldn't go back to her for those reasons.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2008

she is a cold hearted ****. the other doctor that was there at the time of my pregnancy left when I was 71/2 moths pregnant with no notice. the staff handed me an hippa info release sheet to sign so they could give me a copy of my paperwork to find a new doctor. I was in total shock. They did set me up with the midwife in the office who also left the practice within a week after I gave birth and had my follow up appointment I was given no notice until I called to confirm my appointment. I was told "oh yeah she left to move to arkansas. I have a rectocyle from delivering my baby. because of them letting me push too long (1&1/2 hours). I almost had no doctor to help me deliver my baby. Not to mention my follow up appointment where dr. caputo threw an prescription for birth control pills at me gave me no info. i had never had them before and i was also breastfeeding at the time. All I can say is run dont walk away from them you can find better than this entire office. Goodluck!

flag | Submitted November 10, 2008

I think that it is totally wrong that she charges for getting calls after hours. She charges $20.00 per call. That makes me feel like she does not care about her patients and does not want to be bothered. I am seriously thinking of changing doctors, find one that enjoys their job.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2008

She is the worst doctor. I went to this pracice to deliver my second child and regret it. After delivery,I had a lot of swelling and could not empty my bladder. The first night at the hospital they had to insert a catheter for the night. The next day when they released me without a cath. I went home and found about 10pm I had a full bladder and I couldn't empty my bladder. St. Mary's said they could only cath me if the dr on call ok'ed it. So I called her and she laughed at me and told me I needed to quit thinking about needing to pee and go to bed. I was shocked that she was not going to help me! It was very painful. So I asked her what I should do and she would just reapeat the same thing in a demeaning tone. She told me NOT to go to the ER bc I would be there for 5 hours. That was my only option so I went to the ER and I waited for 5 hours to be seen and got to go home with a cath. The ER doctor was surprised at how swollen and such a lg laceration.Wish I knew of this site then.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2008

she completley missed my delivery at 2:10 am. The nurse called her at least two times to come in for the delivery. When she did finally come, she was mean to me like I had done something wrong. I bet she still bills my insurance even though she did not do the deivery, that is a bunch of crap!!

flag | Submitted May 7, 2008

Dr. Cynthia J. Caputo's Credentials

• Jefferson Med Coll-Thos Jefferson Univ, Philadelphia Pa 19107 (Grad. 1991)

• BCBS Massachusetts