Ratings for Dr. Lawrence Genen

He and his staff were super helpful. I've seen too many psychiatrists that are interested in just treating you with a prescription pad. Dr. Genen listened and truly cares. He helped me reduce the number of medications I was on - I was on too many that weren't ultimately helpful. I love that I'm able to do regular therapy as well! Highly highly recommend.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2017

Comfortable and listened to every word, helped. I recommend this doctor!

flag | Submitted June 29, 2015

This man is the worst kind of thief. By co-signing any possible problem the patient has and "siding" with the patient entirely he promulgates a never ending, ongoing "need for appointments for life". It is a manipulative charlatans tool to exploit someone in a weakened state for profit. But that's what he does. There is no interest in ending sessions or having a goal to end sessions. If you're a current patient, bring it up and see what he says. Also, his prescribing on a whim very new and powerful psychotropic drugs without listening to the patient is downright dangerous. This man is a sideshow barker. And his sleek offices and 35 minute sessions seem to suggest, he's got a lot of fools here in West Hollywood. Please don't be one.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

Dr. Genen and his colleagues are the best. Warm, empathic and professional. Highly recommend him and his group. I was able to register and schedule an appointment online. Insurance can be confusing, but they take insurance and took the time to explain to me how it works. Seems like some of these other reviewers are upset about having to pay their bill.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2014

Submitted August 14, 2014

Dr. Genen is by far the best psychiatrist I've ever met. He's a consummate professional. Dealing with his office was incredibly easy. Was able to submit everything online, schedule an appointment via email and it was awesome that they just kept my card on file - it was like Uber, but at my doc's - wish other docs did the same thing. It was so great finding a psychiatrist that is an expert with medication as well as practices therapy. Thank you!!

flag | Submitted June 10, 2014

A quack in every sense of the word. I am now seeing a psychiatrist who is far more experienced and reputable, and he is astonished by Dr. Genen's incompetence. He is a bully about billing, does not even SEND bills, and just charges your credit card whenever he thinks you owe money. Totally unfit for his profession.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2014

After taking all of my personal identification online they would not book an appointment because I would not give a credit card to keep on file. I have great insurance and I pay co-pays in cash. This is why not to see a Psychiatrist who also has an MBA. At the end of the day it's about the money, not the doctoring.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2013