Ratings for Dr. Stephanie M. Melka

Dr. Melka was totally unimpressive to me. She is the only doctor in the MFM practice that I really don't like. During my meeting with her she appeared to lack compassion and people's skills altogether. She should really learn from some of the outstanding doctors in this practice what bedside manner is all about (Rebarber, Saltzmann, Bender, etc.). She tries to operate "boom! boom! boom!", but does not answer questions well enough for a practice of this caliber and she totally lacks any sign of personal warmth. I cannot imagine going through labor with someone like this. The OB landscape in NYC is so competitive that she really needs to up her game in order to succeed in the future.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2015

Dr. Melka took me through a risky twin pregnancy post IVF. At every turn, she made very thoughtful and safe decisions. Her approach (and the approach of the entire practice) is proactive, focusing on prevention of possible issues rather than waiting for them to appear. She is the consummate professional, very helpful, friendly and knowledgable. She is very attentive, focused and thorough. She earned my complete trust during my pregnancy and I would highly recommend her as OB/GYN. Moreover, Dr. Melka is part of the practice of great doctors, who collaborate, consult and make joint decision regarding their patients. At Maternal Fetal Medical Associates, you are everyone's patient and get the benefit of everyone's wisdom and experience. Finally, the practice is very well run as a business, making the overall experience easy and pleasant. I consider myself very lucky to have found Dr. Melka and her practice.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2014

She is amazing... she treated me during her residency and she was the best doctor ever...she was everything a doctor should be... she is kind, considerate, & thoughtful with all her patients...

flag | Submitted October 8, 2014

Wonderful! I changed Drs with my second pregnancy because I was not happy with my OB from my first pregnancy. Dr. Melka was warm, caring, comprehensive, knowledgeable and I learned so much from her that was never discussed with my with my son. She was completely proactive in sending me to a nutritionist because I'm vegan, wanting to get the operative reports from my c-section and needing to know what the results were from my placental investigation that my previous Dr. refused to share with me. Dr. Melka and all of her associates(I've seen 2 others in the group) are excellent care givers and super smart!

flag | Submitted August 4, 2013