Ratings for Dr. Lyana Sisca

Dr. Sisca and her assistant Cindy are both fantastic! I have had a complicated pregnancy so far and they both have gone out of their way to help and support me. Dr. Sisca is knowledgable, friendly, and she truly cares about her patients. She stopped at Mackenzie Health to visit me on her way home one day when she saw that I was in triage for some complications - amazing! Yes, the waiting time is long at her office so, if you have a 3pm appointment for example, you likely won't get in until after 4pm. However, Cindy is great and if you call ahead to check wait times, she'll sometimes tell you to come in a bit later to avoid sitting there for so long. Again - amazing! I will definitely be using Dr. Sisca for any future pregnancies!

flag | Submitted August 5, 2017

The very first time here, Dr Sisca recognized my promptness and took me right away since the prior patient was late and was asked to wait. I really appreciated that. But every appointment since has been long wait times. The doctor is really nice and knowledgeable but very rushed, have questions written down as she does not give much time to chat. The receptionist seems sweet but I've heard her be short and rather rude with some patients. I had never personally experienced it until my last visit when trying to find an appointment that worked with my work schedule. She was not helpful at all. Wish there was an online system to book your own appointment and that the doctor did not overbook herself so that you don't feel rushed.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

I only have good things to say about Dr Sisca and receptionist Cindy. Dr Sisca is very personable, knowledgeable and empathetic. She went the extra mile for me and I am extremely grateful for the care I received. As for the previous negative comments. I would like to say that gynaecology is not a walk in specialty and referrals are through the family doctor.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2017

Dr.Sisca is absolutely amazing! Such a sweet and caring soul, wait times are a bit long, but totally worth it!

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

I was dx with subchrionic Hematoma although there wasn't much she could do about my situation but she made sure I was fully taken care of. She arranged my transfer to Mount Sinai and even than she contacted me personally to follow up with my situation- she is the nicest Dr I have ever seen. She is the best and her staff ( Cindy) is the sweetest person and know every patient by their name.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

I waited almost a year to see Dr. Sisca, and she was WELL worth the wait! Amazing amazing AMAZING doctor! I am picky about which doctors I like and she is fabulous. She is understanding, takes time to explain everything, and I never felt rushed or uncomfortable with her. She will definitely be my OB-GYN for the future and as long as she is practicing. Do not let the long wait time for an appointment deter you. She is fantastic!

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

Phenomenal. Extremely kind and reassuring. Amazing.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2017

Dr. Sisca is a fabulous doctor. She is kind, patient and caring. The wait to see any OB is long, but she is definitely worth the wait. I would definitely recommend her to anyone who is delivering at Mackenzie Health.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2017

lovely manor and very knowledgeable busy as all obgyn but worth the wait

flag | Submitted November 3, 2016

Dr. Sisca is an amazing doctor and human being. I came across her in the ER of a hospital and she was a godsend. Had it not been for her, I would have been discharged from the ER with serious health ramifications. She examined me and told me I needed emergency surgery and she performed same successfully. She works very hard and really cares about her patients and unlike many other doctors, actually takes the time to listen to you and explain things and processes to make you feel comfortable. I felt very comfortable in her presence and she made me feel calm by her practicality and kindness in what was a very stressful situation.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2016