Ratings for Dr. Lyana Sisca

Dr. Lyana Sisca is AMAZING! She delivered my second baby. I did some online research to find the perfect obgyn ( since I didn't have a good experiance with my first obgyn) and I specifically requested her. Dr. SISCA is always cheerful and delightful, extremely caring and knowledgeable, and very involved with the entire process. She listens to you, answers all of your questions, never rushes you and always makes sure that you are okay. Always with a warm smile on her face. She delivered my baby (I had a planned csection) and she made it such a comfortable and friendly atmosphere. She spoke to me during the entire time, which helped calm my nerves tremendously. She explained how well I have healed from my last surgery and that everything looked perfect, reassuring me that everything is going well. Before I even heard my baby cry she was speaking to him while he was still in my womb and said "aww you're already crying" which was an immense relief to hear. Within a few moments I heard my baby cry and I couldn't contain my tears of joy. She never once ignored me and checked in on me the next day at the hospital to see how I was doing. I say this with all honestly... she makes you feel like a friend. So caring and concerned and you can see (and feel) that it is genuine. I'm not sure if hubby and I will go for #3 but I guarantee you that if we do I will most definitely go back to Dr. Sisca. I never expected to meet a Doctor like her. Usually Doctors are like robots. Impersonal and seem almost uncaring. Dr. Sisca really feels like a friend which just gives you a calming and beautiful experiance.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2018

I met doctor Sisca the first time tonight at Mackenzi hospital in Emergancy snd she was really helpful, patient and knowledgeable

flag | Submitted September 27, 2018

Lyana Sisca has been the best gynaecologist and cindy has been very helpful, supportive & welcoming. Im glad i met doctor sisca, she has been amazing. I recommend her to every single pregnant mommy out there.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2018

She is lovely..cares about you, answers all your questions but boy is she busy! She has a busy practise. The wait time is concerning at times but Let's face it ..as patients we are not there often so this is offset by Dr sisca herself and the great staff she has to support her.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2018

For my second child I asked my family doctor to match me with a OB that is more suitable for my needs as my first was just awful and I would leave crying every visit. Dr. Sisca was kind hearted understood that I had other medical issues that made my pregnancy harder and every time made sure to ask how I was doing emotionally as well as physically. Yes she can get busy and appointments just like any OB can be a bit of a wait. But honestly I would wait any day for her. Thank you Dr. Sisca for help bring my new baby into this world.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2018

I've had bad experiences with OBGYNs. Dr. Sisca is exceptionally wonderful. She went out of her way and called me when she was out of town about a test that was done. She doesnt rush her appointments and is very thural and helpful when I have many questions. Her wait times are long but I would rather her take her time with each patient than to rush them. Her assistant is fantastic too. She always makes you feel welcomed and is very helpful.

Submitted January 30, 2018

Dr. Sisca is nice and Cindy is wonderful. It’s the wait time that’s extremely difficult to deal with. The clinic calls patients into different waiting rooms and Lyana isn’t keeping track of which patient came in first. I’ve been sitting here waiting for 1.5hours. It’s a record so far.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2017

Dr. Sisca and her assistant Cindy are both fantastic! I have had a complicated pregnancy so far and they both have gone out of their way to help and support me. Dr. Sisca is knowledgable, friendly, and she truly cares about her patients. She stopped at Mackenzie Health to visit me on her way home one day when she saw that I was in triage for some complications - amazing! Yes, the waiting time is long at her office so, if you have a 3pm appointment for example, you likely won't get in until after 4pm. However, Cindy is great and if you call ahead to check wait times, she'll sometimes tell you to come in a bit later to avoid sitting there for so long. Again - amazing! I will definitely be using Dr. Sisca for any future pregnancies!

flag | Submitted August 5, 2017

The very first time here, Dr Sisca recognized my promptness and took me right away since the prior patient was late and was asked to wait. I really appreciated that. But every appointment since has been long wait times. The doctor is really nice and knowledgeable but very rushed, have questions written down as she does not give much time to chat. The receptionist seems sweet but I've heard her be short and rather rude with some patients. I had never personally experienced it until my last visit when trying to find an appointment that worked with my work schedule. She was not helpful at all. Wish there was an online system to book your own appointment and that the doctor did not overbook herself so that you don't feel rushed.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

I only have good things to say about Dr Sisca and receptionist Cindy. Dr Sisca is very personable, knowledgeable and empathetic. She went the extra mile for me and I am extremely grateful for the care I received. As for the previous negative comments. I would like to say that gynaecology is not a walk in specialty and referrals are through the family doctor.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2017