Ratings for Dr. Lyana Sisca

I only have good things to say about Dr Sisca and receptionist Cindy. Dr Sisca is very personable, knowledgeable and empathetic. She went the extra mile for me and I am extremely grateful for the care I received. As for the previous negative comments. I would like to say that gynaecology is not a walk in specialty and referrals are through the family doctor.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2017

I did not meet Dr. Sisca and I don't ever want to meet her...This is why: I have been in a lot of pain recently. I had an ultrasound done and I was told that a hydrosalpix was found and I need to see a gynecologist . My gynecologist retired so I called dr. Sisca's office( is walking distance from my home) and I asked the receptionist if the Dr. accepts new patients. She said Yes,she told me that the office is booking appointments in August and she asked me what problem I have. I told her and she said that is fine, the Dr. will take me as patient, but that the Dr. goes in vacation for a week and because of that I will hear from their office only after a week or two. She said that Dr. Sisca will see me even sooner then the appointment availability if the situation requires so . She told me to ask my family Dr. to send a referral and a copy of the ultrasound. The referral was send the next day and it was denied. I could not believed it. I went in person to Dr. Sisca's office and I asked why the referral was denied. The receptionist told me that is because Dr. Sisca is booking patients only in a year from now, and to go and see another Dr. which may be able to see me faster. I told the receptionist that when I spoke with her before, she said that the office is booking in August , how came now she says that the booking is after a year.... She did not answer my question she kept saying that is better to see another Dr., …........ I will really like to know why Dr. Sisca refused to see me? I don't understand......Why she did not give me an appointment after a year,if only then she has something available instead of denying to see me? Why one story before the referral and another after? Beside that hydrosalpix I suffer from chronic pain. That is the reason I was refused? What kind of Dr. refuses to see a patient in pain? I will like to know from Dr. Sisca the real reason for declining my referral, but this probably will never happen. She came pretty fast with two different “stories “ before , so even if she bothers to answer my question this time she will probably came with a third “story”. Dr. Sisca put yourself in my shoes..... how happy will you be? Didn't you take the Hippocratic Oath witch covers several important ethical issues between doctors and patients? Did you forget already about the ethical standards you have to uphold if you became a Dr.? Did you forget about “treating the ill to the best of one's ability”? You pick and chose your patients based on what? Do you book the appointment fast for the patients who meet your” criteria “ and for the ones who don't you invoke the motif that the appointment will be only after a year, so the patient will be discourage and will look for another Dr.? What criteria I have to meet in order to became your patient? It's disappointing, sad and disgusting. I am a human being, a simple person , suffering and asking for help, and what did I get from Dr. Sisca, A REFUSAL … Dr. Sisca I am looking forward for your replay.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

Dr.Sisca is absolutely amazing! Such a sweet and caring soul, wait times are a bit long, but totally worth it!

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

I was dx with subchrionic Hematoma although there wasn't much she could do about my situation but she made sure I was fully taken care of. She arranged my transfer to Mount Sinai and even than she contacted me personally to follow up with my situation- she is the nicest Dr I have ever seen. She is the best and her staff ( Cindy) is the sweetest person and know every patient by their name.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

I waited almost a year to see Dr. Sisca, and she was WELL worth the wait! Amazing amazing AMAZING doctor! I am picky about which doctors I like and she is fabulous. She is understanding, takes time to explain everything, and I never felt rushed or uncomfortable with her. She will definitely be my OB-GYN for the future and as long as she is practicing. Do not let the long wait time for an appointment deter you. She is fantastic!

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

Phenomenal. Extremely kind and reassuring. Amazing.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2017

Dr. Sisca is a fabulous doctor. She is kind, patient and caring. The wait to see any OB is long, but she is definitely worth the wait. I would definitely recommend her to anyone who is delivering at Mackenzie Health.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2017

lovely manor and very knowledgeable busy as all obgyn but worth the wait

flag | Submitted November 3, 2016

Dr. Sisca is an amazing doctor and human being. I came across her in the ER of a hospital and she was a godsend. Had it not been for her, I would have been discharged from the ER with serious health ramifications. She examined me and told me I needed emergency surgery and she performed same successfully. She works very hard and really cares about her patients and unlike many other doctors, actually takes the time to listen to you and explain things and processes to make you feel comfortable. I felt very comfortable in her presence and she made me feel calm by her practicality and kindness in what was a very stressful situation.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2016

Dr. Sisca is patient, kind and extremely knowledgeable. The wait to see her is sometimes long, but so worth it. She is a caring doctor with all of her patients and I would highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2016