Ratings for Dr. Edward S. Hanna

very thorough, takes his time to review previous visits to get the proper diagnois. You never feel rushed out or like you are misunderstood. Takes the time to explain in an understanding way. He treats you as if you are a family member being diagnosed. He reviewed my entire medical history of a previous accident on my first visit. I refer everyone to him, I wish I would have found this doctor sooner. When I first went to him, the wait was lengthy but through the years this has been alot better

flag | Submitted September 30, 2014

Dr. Hanna has been a great doctor for me. He is patient centered and listens to my concerns, he is quick and businesslike but is clear he will take all the time you need.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2014

I really dislike doctor Hanna. As my family's doctor, chosen by my parents, I have gone to see him maybe 5 times total. First of all, his staff sucks; they all seem to have attitudes and they do nothing to make you feel welcome. Second, your appointment time means NOTHING at his practice. You are lucky to be taken back to a room within 30 minutes of your appointment, and even luckier to actually see him within an hour of your scheduled time. As far as his knowledge, yes he is definitely worthy of the title MD. I have no complaints as far as his diagnoses or treatments. However, one time he tried to refuse to give me an HIV test until I talked him into it, which I thought was very irresponsible. Oh, and god forbid the subject of religion comes up. I literally had to deal with him explaining to me that I am damned to hell for not believing in Catholicism! Is this guy for real? You are going to condemn and condescend to someone who has come to you for medical help? Never again.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2012

The BEST family medicine doctor in Chesapeake. Extremely thorough, knowledable and caring. Only wish the staff Sentara assigns his office were 1/2 as good as him. I recommend all my family and friends to his practice.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2009

Fantastic doctor who genuinely cares about his patients, takes the time to answer questions, and is very thorough. His staff currently leaves something to be desired and he does tend to run late, but I've been impressed enough with his medical skills and bedside manner to put up with his staff and tardiness. I feel like I can trust him and that he respects my opinion.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2009

Dr. Edward S. Hanna's Credentials

• Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University (Grad. 1978)