Ratings for Dr. Fatima Unwala

Awful experience with Dr Unwala, for the second time. She made me wait 30 minutes even though the clinic was empty, until I asked the front desk and they went to find her. She seemed ridiculously uninterested during the whole appointment, and made a few inappropriate comments about my body-shape. I will not go back to her.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2017

I was transferred to Dr. Unwala when my physician moved to Victoria. I have met with Dr. Unwala a few times over the past year and each time felt she was rushed. She read up on the internet for a straight-forward medical I was experiencing and from what she read, prescribed some medication that did absolutely nothing to alleviate the symptoms. Twice, her follow up was non-existent. I had to call back to find out what was going on, and never did get a call back. I am very disappointed to have to find yet another physician.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

Fantastic doctor! Very pleasant and professional. Its nice to see a doctor that can communicate clearly and at the same time listens well. I've seen two other doctors for the same issue and Dr. Fatima is the first to send me for testing. Very thorough.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2016

Not sure if the earlier reviews are for the same Dr at st Thomas or someone else, but Dr Unwala was an exceptionally good listener and thorough in her approach with me. She takes the time to listen and address my concerns (maybe this is what keeps other patients wait a little longer). She is not your typical pill pusher, and knows what she talks. I have referred her to all my family and friends. It is hard to find a good Dr these days, and I got lucky with her!

flag | Submitted May 1, 2016

When I arrived at my appointment, the receptionist was very quick at having me fill out my paperwork and set me up in an exam room. However, it took the doctor 1 hour to see me. When she finally came into the exam room she was extremely rushed and did not take the time to address my concerns. While she was completed my physical she told me she was not going to complete the STI testing because I had a consistent partner. This made me feel uncomfortable and I felt this assumption was unprofessional. During the entire visit, I felt she was rushed and did not give me the attention I deserved when I booked an appointment. I will not be returning to this doctor.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2015

On the days that she worked (not sure how often that is), my personal experience wasn't great. I always felt like a hassle and she messed up on a prescription. Finding another doctor in the area wasn't difficult, I'm glad I switched.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015