Ratings for Dr. M Borthwick

Drove 120 kms in extreme pain in hopes of getting to a facility that could provide help as our rural hospital does not have the amenities available to make a solid diagnosis. Found him to be extremely short, rude and did not once make eye contact with me. I’ve worked in the medical system and completely understand how it works. He all but accused me of Doctor shopping. I told him in no way was I looking for meds but wanted a proper diagnosis. He did no testing what so ever and made me feel completely disrespected. He did refer me to a neurosurgeon which I greatly appreciated. There are very few doctors now a days that are willing to dig deep and get to the root of difficult medical issues. Sooooooo disappointed

flag | Submitted May 29, 2018

DR. BORTHWICK is the most knowledgeable and thorough doctor I have ever come across in the RIH emergency. He made me feel safe. He does come across as a bit quiet or introverted, however it is obvious he genuinely cared about my health and life and wanted to get to the bottom of my illness. Obviously, the ER is for only emergencies and yet many Kamloopsians use it like a walk-in clinic which places an incredible amount of strain on all emergency staff, so I appreciate that great doctors like Borthwick are willing to stay in Kamloops, when so many of them are jumping ship.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2018

Dr. Borthwick seemed liked a nice enough guy at first. After I saw him in emergency I asked him a question as I left. I ask my question, and in an annoyed tone of voice say "and". Than he says in that same tone that's a family doctor issue I than said" sorry I asked". Well if I had a family doctor I'd probably risk waiting until the next day or even week before I'd see Dr.borthwick again. I have never felt so disrespected. I thought dr's were suppose to be helpful, not think there better than someone else or think there time is no more valuable than anyone else. Personally if I was in emergency and they told me he was my doctor I'd ask for some else.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015